World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
One Life - Fish it!
5,009 Posts
<font color='#000000'>It&#39;s fine to post anything fishing related in this forum
So don&#39;t worry about it mate.

The fish in the picture looks like a Pout.</font>

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<font color='#000000'>Thanks a lot, I have looked at a few other photos of pout and I think I would agree with you.

Most expensive pout in the whole world&#33; Fished 2 tides in the same day and must have spent at least £30 in lost tackle and bait but I finally caught my first fish. The most annoying thing was, there were 4 of us fishing and everyone else was pulling fish out with out a problem.

Sutmae</font>

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<font color='#000000'>Hi John,

we actually fished 3 places that day in Pembrokeshire south west Wales, First was Martins Haven which was very windy and rough we lost quite a bit down of tackle down there, and the a*se out of my brothers jeans and boxers when he fell over (that alone made up for all the lost tackle&#33;&#33;&#33;  
)

After all the tackle loss there we crossed over the haven to Wattling Pier and fished the rest of the tide, an old war landing spot I belive, not much left there now. There wasn`t so much tackle loss there, more that I would like though, but no one really caught anything there (especially me which is the most important&#33;).

We then went home and headed out again around 10PM ish to start fishing about 11pm over in Pembroke Dock. Can`t remember the name of the exact place but it`s a slip way right next to the ferry terminal (if anyone knows the area) We fished there until around 4am. I caught the fish at 3:45. Very little tackle loss there.

After all the tackle, bait, petrol, jeans and a new rod after my brother snapped his it turned out to be a really expensive days fishing for a handfull of mackerel, a pollock and my prize winning monster  
but we all had a good day.

Cheers,
Sutmae</font>

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
<font color='#0000FF'>The place you fished near pembroke dock is called Hobbs point. Its a good spot for bass and ray. In the winter there are usually quite a few cod caught there.

When you fished maritns haven where did you fish? I know that the ground is rough but I dont remember loosing loads of gear, what setup were you using?</font>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts