World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after trying to catch thornback rays from the shore for the last 5 years i finaly cought 2 in two days from my favourate mark in loch etive scotland both were small but what the heck 2.6lb-3.2lb both were returned alive to be caught by other anglers in the future

·
The Lead Legend
4,710 Posts
welldone its so frustrating aimin for a species and taking ages to get it

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
after trying to catch thornback rays from the shore for the last 5 years i finaly cought 2 in two days from my favourate mark in loch etive scotland both were small but what the heck 2.6lb-3.2lb both were returned alive to be caught by other anglers in the future
:whistlingWell that's two more than i've caught. Nice one:headhurt:

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
there is 2 brilliant spots for thornies that i know of..

1. right at the entrance to the quarry, fish of the little harbour and the workies huts are behind you.

2. not far past the priory there is an outshot of grass going out towards the sea, drive down the little dirt track and there will be a small river running out, fish on the left side of the river about 70 yards out with sand eel :punk: , this is a good mark for sea trout as well, if its calm you will see them jump.... also, this mark only fishes when its calm, dont know why, it just does, if there is a chop in the water try else were...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts