World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Off to Burry Port again yesterday, blowing a gale-casting down from the usual 200-250 yrds to 20 or 30 ( yeah i wish) no joy at all, broke my beachcaster when it fell over and chipped the inside of the top ring, only realised what had happened when I had lost three traces on consecutive casts. Wrapped up and went home. Last night it was dead calm so I thought i'd give it a go - storm lossened food items etc- Loughor for a change, as i said flat calm and that describes the state of my rods as well. Gave it an hour and then toddled off back to Burry Port 1st cast blow lug and mack cocktail and bang first proper bite i've had in months and what showed up-- a COD--(look for reports in the Llanelli Star of a strange figure clad in flourescent yellow enacting some arcane ritual by dancing round a glowing green light in the middle of the night at the end of Burry Port harbour) out of the bag came my Christmas present from 'er indoors, an electronic scales and on went the fish 0.76 lbs I never thought I'd get so excited over such a small fish but after the season I've had ........incidentaly it was nicely lip hooked and went back fit and well.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Hi Paidfortackledealersroller, (What is your name?)

Well done mate, I was camping in Wales (St Davids & Freshwater East) for 3 weeks last year on holiday and fished every day, morning and evening, high and low, and never got a bite.

We liked it so much that we have decided to move sometime this year. I hope that they will accept a Scot with a Cornish wife???

Cheers

Drew

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Drew,
Tnx m8 and the names' John I'm sure you'll be welcome-just pay the entrance fee at the Severn Bridge :)

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
P.F.T.D.R. (your codeword) can I buy the film rights to your epic struggle, & the weighing ritual, there's got to be at least a Matt Hayes (spit) documentary in there somewhere?
blueskip

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Skip,
If you've got the time I'll fill you in on the sequel-the two 3/4 pound Whiting taken on the same bait-a two inch long bass regurgitated from a third and the final expiration of the tiny (too small for the electronic Christmas present to measure) one that i'm sure is the same fish that I've been catching for the past month. On a more serious note I've heard, reliable, reports of tidy bags of flounder being taken from actually inside the harbour my brother-in-law had a 1 and a half pounder from there 2 days ago sadly I wasn't on hand or I could give you the exact, electronic, weght :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts