World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
G

·
why would wind direction make any difference ? Cant answer it myself mate except to say every time the breeze is easterly i catch naff all so i assume this ancient saying must have some truth to it

·
Registered
747 Posts
It's a complete "fishermans tale" mate!! I fish south coast beaches that need an easterly wind to pick the surf up for a bass session....and i fish north coast rock marks that are best in an easterly cause it means you can tuck down out of it! Fished a nearby beach on Saturday evening and caught bass and flounder! While watching the "war games" going on at Carlyon Bay!!
Cheers Steve.

·
Registered
611 Posts
What I heard was (jethro) that if the wind is from the east it generally means there is high pressure over us which in turn puts more atmospheric pressure on the little fishes & so can put them off a bit like PMT. lol:yeah:

·
Registered
545 Posts
the only place east wind makes a difference with fishing i find is in the rivers estaus as the eastarys wind churns
up the mud and the fish dont like the mud in there gills apart from that east winds a good fishing wind :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
in genral,a east wind here at posett is the kiss of death. had the odd good day on a easterlie but mostly when the winds in the east dont bother going lol:blink:

·
Registered
50 Posts
I dont think it affects sea fishing so much, but I used to do a lot of coarse fishing, and in winter if the wind was from the east I wouldnt bother to get out of bed. Certainly in winter an east wind is colder and would drop the water temperature putting the fish right off feeding

·
Registered
246 Posts
We are firmly in the "East wind is rubbish" camp. That old saying that goes something like......when the wind is in the east 'tis no good to man nor beast.

Yes certainly there will be exceptions, indeed there are some marks in Cornwall that actually need an east wind for access or other purposes.

Usually though an east wind, for us at least, is bad news, especially if it coincides with a prolonged spell of easterlies and the wind strength is up. It's one thing to go on the first day of an easterly after say a SW blow but it's quite a different thing to say go on the 3rd day of a prolonged easterly.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Wind in the east, fish bite least. Wind in the south, nil by mouth. Wind in the north, nothing will come forth. Wind in the west, no interest:bounce:

I've heard it said but I can't say I've really noticed a pattern. I think it depends on the venue, a wind from one direction may mean the sea stays too rough, or too calm for good fishing, but I don't think you can make any universal statement.

Wind in the east, fish will feast. Wind in the south, filling their mouth, wind in the north, all will come forth. Wind in the west, fish feed their best:clap2:

The best thing to do is go and find out.

·
Registered
25,234 Posts
It's a complete "fishermans tale" mate!! I fish south coast beaches that need an easterly wind to pick the surf up for a bass session....and i fish north coast rock marks that are best in an easterly cause it means you can tuck down out of it! Fished a nearby beach on Saturday evening and caught bass and flounder! While watching the "war games" going on at Carlyon Bay!!
Cheers Steve.
I will happily give you my share of easterlys steve,nowt but a pain in the butt they are!!!! Not good for sandeeling or any other boating for that matter!!!!!:yucky:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.