World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm at a quandary. I want to go fishing this evening, basically fishing from high to low and cannot decided where to go.

Slight southwestery (I know be careful on Chesil)

I don't fancy Abbottsbury again. But am happy to try anywhere.

I thought maybe Chesil Cove, then I remembered it's not the right time of year, then I thought somewhere like West Bay or Hive beach, as hopefully the beach will be very quiet. But I've never heard any speak of fishing those places let alone at night. Unless everyone is simply keeping quiet.

Any suggestions are welcome!

·
Registered
865 Posts
Cove end not the worst shout, had undulates down there on the ebb may last year. 1-2hours after high often throws up decent fish that end of the beach..

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
If I was you I would try bexy or hive as I know there was at least 20 rays caught that end of the beach yesterday in day light I will be trying bridging camp tonight for a ray or hound

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
45 minutes on that though. My legs would have fallen off! If its was remotely hard, easy, but walking on that stuff is agonisingly slow.

How did you get on though?
Not a great deal considering I fished for 17 hours, Had a few Hounds to 8-6 a few small Congers and far too many dogfish. As long as you stop a couple of times for a rest the walk's not that bad, Im a 51 year old ex chain smoker but manage the long hike without too much suffering.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts