Two hook flapper. Size 2 or 1.
Two hook clipped. Size 2 or 1.
One hook up and over. Size 1/0 max 2/0.

Ian.

Reactions: Colin Chaplin

·
Registered
102 Posts
Loop (can be used as flapper). I make mine with adjustable stoppers instead of crimps, so can be configured in different ways.
Pulley (rough)
Up and over (which is basically a running ledger anyway).

I feel like this covers a large range of situations, well, allowing for different hook sizes, snood lengths etc. on the overall rig type.

·
Registered
7,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Hi
I’ve never seen one of these and can’t find a description on the tinterweb

Do you (or anyone else) have a diagram/ description as I quite fancy giving one a try.

Cherrs
Hi Check out the WSF rig making Forum, sticky thread “rigs”^^^^ you will find them both in the rig book there.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi Check out the WSF rig making Forum, sticky thread “rigs”^^^^ you will find them both in the rig book there.
Thanks for reply.
Found both in planet sea fishing rig book
I thought original post was referring to a combination of long and low two hook loop with a bagnall bar.

I can see how you could combine them, however to me it looks like the top hook would be open to coming loose with an OTG cast

Or have I missed something?

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
1. Pulley
2. Up and Over Pulley
3. Pulley Dropper

These what I would choose fishing the Bristol Channel.

·
Registered
7,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Thanks for reply.
Found both in planet sea fishing rig book
I thought original post was referring to a combination of long and low two hook loop with a bagnall bar.

I can see how you could combine them, however to me it looks like the top hook would be open to coming loose with an OTG cast

Or have I missed something?
Hi the bengals bar come with an options of clip, a gemini solo splash down clip for OTG cast.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Otg cast with bagnell bars all the time never had an issue with this rig
Hi
Thanks for reply
Not used mine yet, I can see how it would be sound for OTG with 1 hook, hence why I’ve got them.

Do you use a 2 hook loop arrangement with a bagnall bar OTG with no issues?

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Hi
Thanks for reply
Not used mine yet, I can see how it would be sound for OTG with 1 hook, hence why I’ve got them.

Do you use a 2 hook loop arrangement with a bagnall bar OTG with no issues?
If you mean a Pennel or wishbone then yes no issues but never tried it with extra snoods I use as a single snood distance rig for multi snood rigs I use loop rigs

21 - 39 of 39 Posts