World Sea Fishing Forums banner

Ilfracombe all day all nighter

2K views 25 replies 13 participants last post by  Devon_fisher 
#1 ·
ne1 up for one this coming thursday?
gonna do another long session trying to beat the amount of species and amount caught last time.

#7 ·
ill get there about midday(12 ish) and fish till about 7am next morning.
i jus like getting out there to be honest, beats work and college imho.
was gonna go to puts to try for rays but overheard a guy(well a guy called lundy from the forum) talking to gerrie about the beaches being nettted which really ****es me off to be honest.
come down whatever time mate ill probably be there:)

#18 ·
Hi DF i fished capstone on sunday for about 4 hrs was slow at first
but after about an hour we had pollack, doggies,and rockling
nothing to shout about but we still had fish
ideal at least their are some fish around the area:)
my target is for 1 fish an hour:) lol
gonna be fishing the corner on the high and right on octopuses spot at low(the very end), if any1 wants to say hi

#19 ·
ideal at least their are some fish around the area:)
my target is for 1 fish an hour:) lol
gonna be fishing the corner on the high and right on octopuses spot at low(the very end), if any1 wants to say hi

not if i get there first grrrrr.

i may try to get down and join yer. ihavent been fishing much this year due to being very poor, but i reckon i can scrape the pennies together to get a few makkie, maybe even a box of quid,lol.

no promises, but ya may see me down there. :)

#20 ·
not if i get there first grrrrr.

i may try to get down and join yer. ihavent been fishing much this year due to being very poor, but i reckon i can scrape the pennies together to get a few makkie, maybe even a box of quid,lol.

no promises, but ya may see me down there. :)
mate i have ****in ****loads of bait here like 2 boxes of squid and about 5 mackie heads.
gonna buy 2 packs of mackie half of maddies half of king rag/lug (whatever they have) and 2 packs of sandeel
so get yer ass out of bed and whisper:)
want me first conger of the year, and u need to help me lol!
the bait will only go skanky and to waste so u might as well.
cya down there:) doubt uyll b awake when i start though

#23 ·
im still gonna give it a bash:)
dinoboy before i had:
9 whiting
5 pouting
5 doggies
2 poor cod
1 dab
nice result mate :clap3: :clap3: :clap3: :clap3: , and return of the howdy :D:D

#25 ·
Mick - I wouldn't bother with fishing the Pier during the day - certainly not THIS weekend !!

We went down yesterday afternoon for a few hours and it was packed . There was also some aggro from a bunch of drunken ( local ) a$$holes , with one guy in particular who would not leave Dan alone. Very nearly broke out into a full blown fight. We moved up to the high landing as the tide came in and this guy moved up with us. I had to politely :uhuh: tell him to feck off, as he was interfering with my fishing. There's ALWAYS one , ain't there ?

Besides this interlude , the Pier isn't fishing well anyway. If I were you , I'd get along to Capstone or somewhere a bit more inaccessible.:)

#26 ·
just woken up after getting home at 8 this morning only 11 fish so fell well short of me 20 target.
7 doggies
3 whiting
and 1 coalie of about a pound.
reallllly cold towards the end of the night.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.