World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if this should be in here, or in the meet section, but i'll put it here, if i'm wrong it'll get
moved!

"The last match/ meet held between Essex and Kent was in aid of the R.N.L.I, if no-one has any
objections, i'd like any money raised this time to go to a stroke charity, in memory of my mate
of 30 years, mechanic for 20 years, Kevin Stace, who went behind the sun today, following a stroke"

Regards

Ubd

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I will leave it here. Sorry to hear about your mate. I have no objections to your suggestion but see what the others think
Terry

·
The Ego
6,046 Posts
£10 to charity is £10 to charity as far as I can see, I dont care what charity the money goes to.
Sorry to hear about your mate, if you ever want to talk about it just pm me.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Sorry to hear that Ian. I have no objections as long as it goes to a worthwhile charity and this sounds like a good one to me .

Alan

And that goes for me, and my little crew as well,:clap3:

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
I have also had friends and relations struck down by strokes, great Idea Ian go for it.:notworthy

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
any charity (as long as it's a british charity) is good for me. it doesn't make sense for nice and decent people to be taken, while most of the scum on the streets seem to go on forever.

·
Registered
259 Posts
any charity (as long as it's a british charity) is good for me. it doesn't make sense for nice and decent people to be taken, while most of the scum on the streets seem to go on forever.
I agree 100%. :clap3: :clap3: :clap3:

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
hi urly, realy sorry to hear about your mate, no objections hear
just a thought though it may be worth checking with the poeple who are providing the prizes for the essex home match to see if they mind , like penn for example have supplied a reel i beleve but was on the understanding it was to raise money for the rnli, im sure they wont mind ,just thought it might be worth mentioning that, hope you dont mind

·
Registered
8,187 Posts
This is quite pertinant to a work colleague of mine at the moment. His girlfriend suffered a stroke on a flight to America, she unfortunately died when they landed. She was only 33. So yes, ill give my £10 towards your charity Urly.

Lee

PS Slayer have you got your reel yet??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hi urly, realy sorry to hear about your mate, no objections hear
just a thought though it may be worth checking with the poeple who are providing the prizes for the essex home match to see if they mind , like penn for example have supplied a reel i beleve but was on the understanding it was to raise money for the rnli, im sure they wont mind ,just thought it might be worth mentioning that, hope you dont mind
My dear Mr Slayer,

No offence taken matey, as I said in my original post, "If no-one objects", I don't know who else is donating prizes, but I've sent a P.M to Mr Caulfield, and I await his response,

If anyone who has/ is, or may want to donate a prize has any objections then please feel free to post your comments on here or P.M me

Regards

Ubd

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My dear Mr Slayer,

No offence taken matey, as I said in my original post, "If no-one objects", I don't know who else is donating prizes, but I've sent a P.M to Mr Caulfield, and I await his response,

If anyone who has/ is, or may want to donate a prize has any objections then please feel free to post your comments on here or P.M me

Regards

Ubd
No objections from me mate. In fact I will even put another space up on the boat to be auctioned at the meet for the charity. The winner can come along at a mutually convenient time for a day out wrecking on the South Coast.

·
Registered
280 Posts
No objections from me mate. In fact I will even put another space up on the boat to be auctioned at the meet for the charity. The winner can come along at a mutually convenient time for a day out wrecking on the South Coast.
i think this is a good cause so i will put another rod rebuild up for auction to
neil :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i think this is a good cause so i will put another rod rebuild up for auction to
neil :)
Many thanks fellas

Regards

Ubd

1 - 16 of 16 Posts