World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to Carne yesterday with the family for a walk, parked the car and looked across to the Nare to see a small commercial fishing boat that close i could have hit it with a stone. It was relatively small with a boom out of each side i guess with a Dexter Wedge or Redgill and he was trolling back and forth across the beach. As most of us that live near and fish The Roseland beaches you do not catch much as else rather than BASS or the odd small pollack on them especially this close! I've seen these type of boats on the Mannacles and around St.Anthony, but never in Carne and as no-one is catching anything of any size on this beach (not that i've heard anyway) where are these fishing going!! It certainly didn't look like they were going back in the water. This was around 10am but as more people arrived he seemed to move towards the left hand side where there were fewer people over that side. I've had my rant about this local fisherman that needs his ass kicking especially if there going to Pub or Hotel in the area :mad::mad: Oh one more thing i think but not sure that dogs are supposed to be on leads this time of year!!

·
Power to the peaceful
2,160 Posts
it wont be illegle.....
if the boat was under 10 meters he could fish/net/trawl rite up to your rod tip..
have you seen that trawler working close in around there...? its from meva...
That will make your toes curl m8..

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
it wont be illegle.....
if the boat was under 10 meters he could fish/net/trawl rite up to your rod tip..
have you seen that trawler working close in around there...? its from meva...
That will make your toes curl m8..
Yes phil you mean the one thats scraping kibberick clean.Aj.:whistling

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
The guy was "pole fishing" for bass. Certainly NOT illegal, and is, and should be actively encouraged IMO.

Perhaps you would prefur he left his bag of redgills at home, and turned up with bins of gill nets instead ??

http://www.linecaught.org.uk/index.html

Line fishing for bass, pollack and mackerel is MSC accredited as sustainable. Fish are tagged before sale to identify that they have been line caught.

Look at the link above, there are many resteraunts locally that support the scheme, so more than likely, they would end up in local, higher end resteraunts or be exported to france.
Personally i'm not against line, pole fishing and should be encouraged what gets to me is the persecution of the small bays where the small fish could grow on then we all would benefit but its long term and there's no such thing as a perfect world.Aj:whistling

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As i said i didn't know if it was illegal or not but the Bass that were goin aboard dint look very big!!! I'm not saying that the man should not make a living but at least think abought the size if fish he's keeping. Yes Meatsack i have seen the trawler around the bloke should be shot and i totaly agree with you sunfish.

·
Power to the peaceful
2,160 Posts
Sharpshooter........
you get about a bit...
that bloke who trawls close in from meva...
do you know him...?
i hear he has 300 pots and all that trawling is mainly for fish to bait those pots..?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts