World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Team Hardcore (Scotland)
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For all of you peeps that know me and even for the ones that don't. I got engaged to my girlfriend at the weekend there.

This made me happy and sad. Happy because i'm going to marry my lovely girlfriend and sad because i didnt get to go to Port Logan on sunday lol

·
Registered
314 Posts
well you have to take the rough with the smooth mate you should of said you were taking her on a romantic weekend then went fishing with her. kill two bird with one stone

·
Registered
818 Posts
Congratulations mate!!

I done the exact same deed last weekend down in millport and ended up not getting fishing, ended up celebrating in the pub & getting pished haha!!!

She then moaned that I was going fishing at the weekend there but I managed to sneak away with the boat down to the Mull of Galloway on sunday!!

You better get your foot down early and tell her the fishing comes a very close 2nd to her and will not be compromised easily at all lol!!!

Thats what I did.............the reply back was......"AYE THAT'LL BE RIGHT!!!, the rings on the finger now", now she thinks shes the boss, shes got another thing coming lol!!!

·
Registered
859 Posts
hi bellboy congrats to you thats the fishing marked for you now lol only kidding m8
anyway if your planning on having a big party soon for your engagement i run a mobile disco business and cover the ayrshire area well got to plug it
m8 lol

and well done again:clap::clap::clap:

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
I must know, is it really her in your avatar?:wub:

Jim

Congratulations:clap:

·
Team Hardcore (Scotland)
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Team Hardcore (Scotland)
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cheers for the replies lads.

·
The Lead Legend
4,710 Posts
congrats john and like my best man is putting in his speech... for better and worse,i couldnt do much better shona couldnt do much worse.
same applies to you bud:sun:

·
Team Hardcore (Scotland)
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
congrats john and like my best man is putting in his speech... for better and worse,i couldnt do much better shona couldnt do much worse.
same applies to you bud:sun:
cheers, she must have low standards lol:clap:

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Congratulations mate, it is a slippery slope now, he he
How much are you selling your gear for???????
Only joking mate congrats:clap:

·
The Lead Legend
4,710 Posts
was it the down on 1 knee thing bellboy?

·
Registered
2,086 Posts

or were you pi55ed, ( here doll geeze ma hole .. oh an by the way a waant te merry ye.

congrats :clap::clap:

al

·
Team Hardcore (Scotland)
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
aye mate it was the proper shabang. i even asked her auld mans permission first.

·
Team Hardcore (Scotland)
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
or were you pi55ed, ( here doll geeze ma hole .. oh an by the way a waant te merry ye.

congrats :clap::clap:

al
i waited till after and asked that lol

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
hey john , tell her that you know of a wee church ( the priory etive) that would be perfect for the wedding , offer to show her it this weekend ,

you see , you can go to the etive meet after all :fishing:

·
Registered
314 Posts
you know in couple of years time when you have little snappers running around and you want to get out fishing more just hint to her that she is starting to let herself go a bit and getting alittle round . this will then kick start her gym sessions thus giving you the line

"well if you are always at the gym then i think it is my turn to go fishing"

trust me mate after that you will have all the time on the earth to go because you will be single again worked for me once it was fantastic then i got remarried :black_eye

ps dont let the wife see this:bye2::bye2::nono:

·
Registered
314 Posts
you know i am really enjoying this one she is a great wife and a great SGT but she is never here which is great...... joke to be honest she is the best thing that happened to me, spent 10 years waisting my career but she sorted me out and within a year i was promoted to cpl. we both have tough jobs and this means we are apart from each other loads but seing that we are in the same line of work this makes things easy, it is a partnership and talking to each other is a must. when i returned from a hot place she understood how i was feeling because she was there the year before..

one last thing mate never walk out on a row and never go to sleep on a row.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts