World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fished down cardiff barrage today, me and 2 friends arrived there at approx 1.30pm and stayed until about 6.15pm.

never fished it before i found it to be a very comfortable mark with benches to sit on and a few bins around - there was no litter anywhere as everyone used the bins provided.

fished 1 rod with a size 4/0 with squid and mackerel wrap and 1 rod with a 3 hook flapper all with rag worm. i caught 2 bass biggest being around 1.5lb which were both returned, my 2 friends also caught a bass a piece and also returned them. the squid/ mackerel did not get a bite all day but the rag was was fishing well. apart from our catches we also seen at least another 10-15 bass caught with one guy bagging 3 keepers all around the 4-5lb mark, everyone seemed to return their smaller fish except 1 chineese guy who kept everything even a green eel !!!
i also lost a bass as i started to bring it up !!! gutted

all in all it was a good day and definately a rag worm area as everyone who caught - caught on rag.

might give it another go tomorrow as i really enjoyed it especially with the car just a few yards away ( car park 50p an hour )
i would of stayed longer but it started to rain at approx 4.30pm and was still lashing down at 6.15pm and i didnt take my waterproofs as i believed the weather forecast :hammer:

MOST IMPORTANTLY I BEAT MY BLANK !!! :1a:

·
Registered
345 Posts
Well done on the Bass, sounds like you enjoyed your sesh.

Yes, Chinese anglers seem to have different views to us on what acceptable minimum size limits are.

·
Banned
15,040 Posts
Nice 1 Paul m8 :thumbs:

·
Registered
191 Posts
anyone not what time the barage is open until for fishing?

·
Registered
122 Posts
its good to see plenty of Bass coming off here, we often use the venue for coaching days with youngsters and they all enjoy the day due to ease of fishing, nearby toilets, small cafe, etc,etc..
We always push conservation and good fish handling skills as little Bass will grow given time into a great sport fish.
I would urge anyone seeing undersize fish being killed (Bass) to report it to one of the Harbour Wardens who all take a dim view on this practise, they are the guys generally in red jackets, they are all friendly people and level 1 coaches.:group:, and would welcome any feed back on wrong doers!:bones:

Gareth

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
THANKS ALL - woke up feeeling like a proper fisherman this morning lol ...

codling - i been told you can fish there 7am - 10pm

·
Insane Poster
2,852 Posts
Well done m8.. good to hear you've beat the blank,, Tight 'uns,, Marc.:victory:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts