World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Martin, I have also replied to your post in the classifieds. This rod will cost you the thick end of £700 to import including shipping and tax and it'll be in as new condition thanks to Alex's assessment and refurb where required. I think that £400 is a very fair price. I'm happy to meet you halfway on the travel for the collection as you're only in Kent, however.

·
Registered
889 Posts
glad you sold it! :)

Incidentally though, where did you get the figure of 700 quid for an import of an RP 150 from? Retails at about 480 GBP (converting from SW Tackle's USD price). Obviously there's shipping and duty to pay, but not to the tune of 200 quid I think. Not to say that it's not a good deal though, just curious about that figure...

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Well with tax and a fedex handling charge it is about £590 and the last rod I had shipped with fedex cost $200, so at todays rate that is another £137. So depending on the shipping agent and speed of import it could easily hit £650 and could top £700

I and my fishing buddies are tending to buy from UK stockists like Dan at AA, Alex of garage industries or EU stockists where possible and this saves on the add ons big time.

Mike

1 - 10 of 10 Posts