World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all hope you's are well, I haven't posted in quite some time. I am still fishing loads, both shore and Boat.

So far this year I have caught multiple rays from the shore and we have been out on my boat for a few sessions we have had a few tope to the boat, fishing over reefs for Pollock and catching them on soft plastic lures with light rods.

Yesterday we took a trip to Inishtrahull Island as we had wanted to go for some time but you need the weather.
we landed on the pier and tied up, We then took a walk along the island, it's uninhabited now, all that remains are hundreds of years old dwellings and the lighthouse.

Back on the boat we did Abit of fishing around the island, coalies were about in plague proportion although we landed some of the biggest coalies I have seen to date. We werent getting through the coalies so decided to fish the sound which in places reaches 300ft deep, we opted for the 177ft section, we dropped baited muppets to the seabed a long way down, I got a good hit and on reeling up lost whatever it was, there was quite Abit of Chop and with having to drop and reel up so far we headed to the shallower water over reef where we know there is double figure pollock about.

We worked soft plastic lures over the reefs and nailed some nice pollock, I used a shakespeare firebird and a mackerel imitation lure from decathlon. I was hitting the biggest fish, great craic on that rod, the lads kept saying change the lure up, it was working so why would I, think they were getting jealous . I had baited muppets over the side at one stage and managed a small ling.

The heavens opened and visibility became poor so we headed for port.

I can't wait to get out again, next trips will hopefully be Blue shark and Porgies.

Attachments

·
Registered
335 Posts
Just looked at Inishtrahull with the depth maps there looks like some serious shore fishing to be had with the right conditions, could be a camping overnight option.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just looked at Inishtrahull with the depth maps there looks like some serious shore fishing to be had with the right conditions, could be a camping overnight option.

Hi man there are lads who do camp on it, unfortunately for us it was full of coalfish all around it. Much better fishing the reefs close to shore for the Pollock.

Inishtrahull sound is 300ft deep, there is good Porgie fishing around it and on the edge of the hole.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts