World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Not myself though i've watched a review video whilst looking at the Imax Coastfloat flotation. A guy put one through the pace standing in -16 for an hour after which he tested the temps under the jacket and salopettes, both which maintained 20°C +. The flotation hasn't great reviews when it comes to mobility which is a shame as it looks a good suit. Be interested to read what your findings are on the thermo when you receive it..

·
Registered
40 Posts
i have the jacket and bib and brace and on a wet winters night you cant go wrong for the money. if anything , for me personally , the jacket is too warm but once the temperatures drop i'd sooner have that problem than stand staring at the last 12" of carbon rods all night wishing i was dead and feeling like it might actually happen. Hope you are pleased with yours Chris.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To be honest chaps for the money I think it’s a good bit of kit. Comfortable and warm you can’t go wrong. Ordered mine off amazon and was here in a couple of days, ended up paying just under £80.Having read the reviews I ordered a size bigger which turned out to be a good move.

·
Premium Member
6,424 Posts
To be honest chaps for the money I think it’s a good bit of kit. Comfortable and warm you can’t go wrong. Ordered mine off amazon and was here in a couple of days, ended up paying just under £80.Having read the reviews I ordered a size bigger which turned out to be a good move.
Hiya Chris,
I also have a flotation suit, not the Imax but a Sundridge so similar sort of thing & a mate has the Imax one.
I'll agree with the comments about being a bit cumbersome at times but after once taking an unexpected swim in normal fishing gear, decided sacrificing a bit of mobility for some extra help staying afloat if this ever happened again (God forbid) & i could'nt get myself out was a no brainer.
Rick;)

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hiya Chris,
I also have a flotation suit, not the Imax but a Sundridge so similar sort of thing & a mate has the Imax one.
I'll agree with the comments about being a bit cumbersome at times but after once taking an unexpected swim in normal fishing gear, decided sacrificing a bit of mobility for some extra help staying afloat if this ever happened again (God forbid) & i could'nt get myself out was a no brainer.
Rick;)
Used to have a flotation suit...years old and can’t remember the make but the mice ate it! Yeah do agree with you on the safety side

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
I've got imax floatation suit and yes it is very warm. I stuff the jacket between back rest and box put it on when at mark take it off after half hour as too hot.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I use a 2 piece from imax, they are brilliant in my opinion, and for the money you can't go wrong. I use it every session, come rain or shine.

·
Registered
18 Posts
My Imax thermal suit is probably one of the best bits of kit I’ve ever bought. It’s not the latest one, I think that’s the ARC20, but the one prior to that. The jacket can be a pain when using a low reel seat on multiplier, but bump it up a couple of inches and it’s fine.

·
Registered
7,933 Posts
I have the imax thermal, I have had it for several years keeps me warm all the time , I had it on last night ,I was to warm and had to take the jacket off for 10 minutes or so to cool down

·
Registered
444 Posts
I recently bought the arx 20 after getting rid of the imax floatation suit. Much better to use for mobility and much warmer imo.. I dont even bother wearing trousers, only boxers and I was on the end of my local pier last weekend in a reet hoolie, rain, howling wind and was as warm and dry as toast!

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
I recently bought the arx 20 after getting rid of the imax floatation suit. Much better to use for mobility and much warmer imo.. I dont rven bother wearing trousers, only boxers and I was on the end of my local pier last weekend in a reet hoolie, rain, howling wind and was as warm and dry as toast!
I was out last night in it and had to keep taking the coat off as was getting too warm!

·
Registered
878 Posts
I up-dated my old one piece flotation suit for the Imax x lite two piece early last year (got for a bargain price) and never got chance to use it (first time for a two piece for me :BigGrin:).
Been in the cupboard ever since not worn, but it's going to be this winter.......Got to at least try and get out in the boat after the elusive cod :) :laugh:
Hopefully I will remain "warm n toasty" in it :BigGrin:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts