Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMA Lures have been around since 1998 with the formation of the SF-125 Komomo,,
i am astonished at the popularity of IMA range of lures expecially in 2010 they have made such a Impact in the lure fishing world,,,,

The Popkey has been a revelation for me
the komomo11
sf-125
all the Sasuke 140 ,120,ranges
Nabarones

I have now a lure box dedicated to IMA and a few other places
heres a few piccies of some of my favourites

gee

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
They're cracking looking lures graham! I've just ordered a popkey from veals (The only place I know of the has stock) along with a packet of soft magic swimmers. I hope they fish as good as they look!

Have you crushed the barbs down on the lures in those pic's?? I think ill remove the middle treble on the popkey when it arrives...

·
Registered
292 Posts
I received some sample lures from one of my suppliers about 5 or 6years ago amongst them where 4 lures with out diving bibs i only bought the one style as it looked like the dexter darter. The other 3 never seen the light of day until i seen the IMA KOMOMO 125. It's now one of the 1st lures i reach for followed by one what looks and swims just like IMAGENE 130 f

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They're cracking looking lures graham! I've just ordered a popkey from veals (The only place I know of the has stock) along with a packet of soft magic swimmers. I hope they fish as good as they look!

Have you crushed the barbs down on the lures in those pic's?? I think ill remove the middle treble on the popkey when it arrives...
Barny,,good choice there veals are great and the magic swimmers will come to the for very soon a superb softie ,,,dont take the treble off popkey in my experience a lure that has to be fished slow on top and the way bass are interested in it ,, you need all the fire power you can muster so leave it on,,let me know how you get on with the popkey
:victory:
Gee

·
Registered
86 Posts
Ok i'll leave it on if thats whats best. I just hate hooking small fish with every point on the lure, then having to wrestle with it for ages to try and get it free so that I can release it again. Or hooking it in the eye/ belly and causing it un-necessary damage. I've been thinking of a few things to try and help like having single-hook approach, crushing the barbs down on the trebles, or removing the middle treble all together?

Does anyone else have a solution? Maybe a change of venue would be better to try and avoid the schoolies... Or keep on saving and go to the fly!

·
Registered
8,448 Posts
Ok i'll leave it on if thats whats best. I just hate hooking small fish with every point on the lure, then having to wrestle with it for ages to try and get it free so that I can release it again. Or hooking it in the eye/ belly and causing it un-necessary damage. I've been thinking of a few things to try and help like having single-hook approach, crushing the barbs down on the trebles, or removing the middle treble all together?

Does anyone else have a solution? Maybe a change of venue would be better to try and avoid the schoolies... Or keep on saving and go to the fly!
thanks for broaching the subject B.B. i hate to even think about foul hooked fish. i suppose thats why, when i'm looking through my lures, i look at the soft plastic more.;);)

·
Registered
466 Posts
My IMA komomo SF 125 magma candy has caught 3 bass, 20 pollock and one very large mackerel in the two trips.

Great lure, often my first choice shallow diver. However, I have blinded one bass and at least 8 pollock. I find that the hooks get caught lengthways down the fish. Top in the mouth, one in the eye then one in the side. I think it is something to do with the design means that fish in the 1 to 2lb range get hooked in the eye. But it is also to do with the aggresive strike this lure invites.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.