World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Only just noticed that the improve the site forum has gone So i thought id write this in here.

I put an add up in the wanted section of the classifieds. Im looking for a good condition century CM or other mixed ground rod. i put the post up on saturday. Since then, through what i assume is the busiest time for this site, the advert has had 13 veiws-2 of which were me.
My point is that it seems to me that the old classifieds forum where everyone just put a post up on a 'standard forum board' got much more exposure. I may be totally wrong but i liked the old system better.
Mike might have the facts and figures to prove me wrong but i would be very suprised if there was as much traffic in the new classifieds section as there was on the old board.
I can see why it was done-it looks top and very proffesional but i dont think it works as well.

So is it just me????????

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
I hardly ever look at the classifieds since the change, don't know why but I just don't.

·
The people's moral compass
12,846 Posts
have to admit, i use it alot less, i often forget i've got ad's on there, i might not think to look for a couple of weeks at a time, i am biased though, for the simple reason.... using the old method i sold more than twice the amount of tape than i currently do, mabe it's because many people have already bought it, but maybe it's cos they're not seeing it for sale ? my ebay auctions are fairly consistent on a monthly basis, so i wonder.

i also think that from a sellers point of view, it was nice to have peoples feedback shown on the thread, so if something was good and always available, or questions needed to be answered, it could be done a whole lot quicker, i currently get emails from wsf, which despite me setting up rules etc in my email, many go to the junk box, for me to extract. where-as the forum based section, would allow questions to be asked, and other interested parties to see Q&A's relating to the item / product.

what happened to the feedback system anyways ?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Shows how much notice I take I didn't even know we had a classified section, I've just found it now so I'll go and have a look.

Joe.

·
Mussel Man
2,506 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Presumably the reason the classifieds was changed from a forum to a more traditional sales format was to put an end to the "£10? .. too dear mate!, get it cheaper in aldi!" type posts that used to be so prevelant and would inspire heated (and often entertaining!) debate which, i suspect, was one of the reasons for its popularity ;)

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Presumably the reason the classifieds was changed from a forum to a more traditional sales format was to put an end to the "£10? .. too dear mate!, get it cheaper in aldi!" type posts that used to be so prevelant and would inspire heated (and often entertaining!) debate which, i suspect, was one of the reasons for its popularity ;)
Quality!:lmao:

·
Wales Team Captain
2,361 Posts
toatlly agree mate the threads were entertaing, it was genarally the sellers who were upset cos they thought it was losing them a sale. but it also gave other members the chance to let people know if they were getting ripped of or could enlighten them of a better deal.

i do look at the classifieds but agree that there was much more use of the old system which was imho much better
ie you cant see where the seller is from,
how long he/she has been a member,
sometimes you never get a reply from emails (you dont even know if the seller got your email)

the old saying if it aint broke dont fix it springs to mind
bring back the old classifieds:clap2: :clap2:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts