World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sport has not been too good for me recently, so had another bash today to see if things were picking up. Firstly to dig lugworm, Found Hibee already digging and had arrived 10 mins. before me. An hour and a half to dig seventy, then off to the fishing ground. Sea was clear to start, but as the tide came in the sea discoloured. First cast a nicely marked plaice, thought it was going to be a great day, but after this things were slow with the odd wee flounder taking the bait, but no more plaice. Fished about 300 yds. from Hibee, so could not tell how he was catching until time to head for home. My total was 5 flounder, 2 dabs and the solitary plaice. Very strong wind today blew my tripod over so many times I lost count. Stopped early as ran out of bait.A lot better than recent results so must not grumble.

·
Registered
526 Posts
As you mention Jackie sport is starting to pick up , finished with 4 dabs
5 flounder and one plaice , nice to see the dabs make an appearance ,
just found it a pain to dig bait at the moment were as a month ago
it wasn't really to difficult , good day though and nice to be out again
Andy

·
Registered
473 Posts
Well done lads, good to hear its picking up again.

although not sure when I'll wet a line again the gods seem to be throwing other commitments at me most weekend just now.

like the new avater hibee. never thought i'd see you in a hearts top. lol

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
well done boys, I know what you mean about digging bait, I found it tough as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts