World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone bought any of the large packs of imps on ebay and had any problems with the metal clip ,I am looking at buying a pack of 50 if someone has and had no problems could they post a link please .

Gerry

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Just get them from the Breakaway website and you know you're getting the real thing. They sell in bags of up to 500 I think, with some decent savings if you're willing to get so many.

·
Registered
5,731 Posts
Just get them from the Breakaway website and you know you're getting the real thing. They sell in bags of up to 500 I think, with some decent savings if you're willing to get so many.

2nd that

and if you do get 50+, ffs buy the tool to go with them, it only takes 10 mins to assemble them all in 1 x go

saves numerous holes in the fingers n thumbs and is far easier than trying to use a pound coin to do em on the beach in oftem inclememt weather

·
Registered
375 Posts
Great clip. Strong and works properly. One flaw though. Not with the plastic, but in the fast link ( see attached picture). When reeling in, the design allows easy snagging on any mono tackle graveyards. Recommend turning the link upside down, or replace with newer fastlink (other picture).

Attachments

·
Registered
7,670 Posts
Great clip. Strong and works properly. One flaw though. Not with the plastic, but in the fast link ( see attached picture). When reeling in, the design allows easy snagging on any mono tackle graveyards. Recommend turning the link upside down, or replace with newer fastlink (other picture).
Hi Ian, Don't the plastic clip then catch the inward bent fast link?, so it does not release the baited hook?. And if you turn the original clip upside down it don't work?. I think there is two IMPs now, IMP 1, and IMP 2, the original with the fast link for the IMP is, and as you say pointing out and can snag, now the new one, with the fast link is bent inwards, but i am not sure if you can just replace them with the fast links?, as the plastic piece needs to move swivel inside the clip so it don't catch the inward bent clip.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Hi Ian, Don't the plastic clip then catch the inward bent fast link?, so it does not release the baited hook?. And if you turn the original clip upside down it don't work?. I think there is two IMPs now, IMP 1, and IMP 2, the original with the fast link for the IMP is, and as you say pointing out and can snag, now the new one, with the fast link is bent inwards, but i am not sure if you can just replace them with the fast links?, as the plastic piece needs to move swivel inside the clip so it don't catch the inward bent clip.
HI Colin.
I really cant remember as its been so long since using them. I have a had long lay off since living in the USA. I seem to remember that there is a configuration that works and reduces the risk of snagging. I am about to tie some rigs using imps. I'll post on here what works.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Tried all the rest but I honestly think imps are the best but genuine ones ,tried some ebay cheapies and had problems with the fastlink part straightening .
Pete

·
Registered
7,670 Posts
Tried all the rest but I honestly think imps are the best but genuine ones ,tried some ebay cheapies and had problems with the fastlink part straightening .
Pete
Just buy the original, you cannot go wrong, this is your terminal tackle, the most important part of the fishing gear, trying to save money on cheap copies does not pay.

·
Specimen Hunter
3,276 Posts
7 oz and half macky blasted as far as it will go, the links hold fine

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Anyone know what the differences in the packaging means? Ive been looking online and some say Breakaway IMPS ,IMP1, IMP2. All look genuine Breakaway packaging just wondering what the differences are?

·
Registered
7,670 Posts
Anyone know what the differences in the packaging means? Ive been looking online and some say Breakaway IMPS ,IMP1, IMP2. All look genuine Breakaway packaging just wondering what the differences are?
Hi Tom, The difference is the fast link, to attach the lead, Imp1 fast link points out, so could snag, Imp2 fast link points inwards, if in Breakaway originals package then these should be great, but they don’t come assembled, there is an optional tool for that.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Hi Tom, The difference is the fast link, to attach the lead, Imp1 fast link points out, so could snag, Imp2 fast link points inwards, if in Breakaway originals package then these should be great, but they don’t come assembled, there is an optional tool for that.
Cheers Colin, yeah I know about the tool. Best clips out there imo.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts