World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I am back sea fishing and relativley new to Ramsgate. To cut along story short I have no transport and I am looking to try the best local fishing marks out over the summer. I know the pier is a no go, any others I could try? Anyone willing to show me the marks sometime would be more than welcome! :fishing:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Colburn? Also will have to have alook for a boat trip or two, being a teacher I have the next six weeks off :clap:

·
Registered
488 Posts
Hello all, I am back sea fishing and relativley new to Ramsgate. To cut along story short I have no transport and I am looking to try the best local fishing marks out over the summer. I know the pier is a no go, any others I could try? Anyone willing to show me the marks sometime would be more than welcome! :fishing:
Nothing wrong with the pier mate had some cracking fish off there
a 9lb bass was landed up by the cafe the other night were the rocks meet the wall
you best talk to Captain Birds Eye (Jon)he knows all the marks (and when to fish them) around ramsgate like the back of his hand :secret:

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Coburn can be fished high or low water it's a flint bank, you also have the moses the fint bank before.Then a bit further toward broadstairs dumpton gap chalk ledges and kelp again can be fished high tide off the prom or low water off the rocks crab bait seems to be best off these marks.

if I was fishing the westcliff I'd go for the bigger tides at high water, big fish baits seem to get the bigger bass off there, or big lug baits for schoolies

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Nothing wrong with the pier mate had some cracking fish off there
a 9lb bass was landed up by the cafe the other night were the rocks meet the wall
you best talk to Captain Birds Eye (Jon)he knows all the marks (and when to fish them) around ramsgate like the back of his hand :secret:
Hello Mike, I think it's just as much luck......lol. It's like any venue it only delivers the goods with the right conditions, and I'm learning something new everytime I fish it.

. I heard about the bass as well off the pier. Could be worth a shot if the Mackeral start running back throuh again. then it'll be live joey down the wall:fishing:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers everyone, sorry I heard the pier was poor. Perhaps I will learn. This weekend will be worth ago. :clap:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts