1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
dug some lug Thursday afternoon on way home from work
with not a clue where the Saturday venue was going to be:rolleyes:

walked around mumbles(inspiration) this afternoon promenade was packed
with families taking in the air on a cool but sunny Saturday
walked over to bracelet and looked out on around 20 small boats fishing the low calm sea!
must have been a competition or something?!
kept going around the limeslade cliffs path till I was almost round to Langland-stunning!
on the way back-looking down on the rock marks I spotted a place that I always fancied
but never had chance to get down there so clambered down a rough path onto rocky ledges sussed the place out for my next dayime sesh to give it a good 8 hours fishing!

anyway,got down this evening at 7.30pm to a local beach iv been having a bit of luck with the dab population,its cold, windless, very calm sea, with half a moon trying to get through the high cloudy sky! 1 shakey bass rod matched with a 6000 size daiwa fixed spool 15lb sensor line
straight through-
a 2 hook size 1 quality aberdeens hand tied flapper and 3oz flat lead cast out of a large stainless spoon!baited with fresh blows/frozen black on each hook-tipped off with single small squid tentacles
first cast was 7.45 around 60 yds out tightend down poured a cup of tea and took in my dark surroundings in case of a hasty retreat off the sand up on to rocks/grass bank behind me!
first bite was a single pull down and slack line,tightened up, struck, fish on-a nice lil codling around the 1lb mark lip hooked,pictured returned
next cast a couple of small dabs,the cast straight after was a better dab which coughed up a lil silver fish around 2 inches long!
around 9ish now with the tide rising started having better bites from small bass up to 2lb!
then at 10.50 as bait was running low a bang bang slack line,wow I thought a tidy codling!
struck into a nice bend in the shakey bass line going from side to side,now im thinking Bass
finally landed a nice duo of bass and codling! pictured side by side and returned together
to fight another day,packed up for the fair walk back to the car with nice fishy thoughts:rolleyes:
well there it is,a tidy session fished in calm clear conditions instead of rain n wind!
few pictures of the catch today-no bass were harmed in this butch101 production:D:D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,562 Posts
Good one Butch. busy little session and three species.... Well done fella

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
great read butch, nice session. No comp for the boats, just good weather brought everyone out looking for a cod.

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Excellent report there Butch you really enjoyed it.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Well done butch,great report and pics,must be a lovely feeling to catch in a recently discovered spot.Took photos of the area a number of years ago on a very high tide that was fully out.Some good places to fish there,but getting down to them was something else(old age).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well done butch,great report and pics,must be a lovely feeling to catch in a recently discovered spot.Took photos of the area a number of years ago on a very high tide that was fully out.Some good places to fish there,but getting down to them was something else(old age).
hi glyn
yes its a tidy spot
think I said b4 that the trawlers cant get no where near this place
due to rocky reefs going straight out to sea,so the local resident fishies got time to give me pleasure:D
yes its hard on my knees getting down to these places (56 now:rolleyes:)
but when down there its a difo world!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
great read butch, nice session. No comp for the boats, just good weather brought everyone out looking for a cod.
cheers for that heads up Griff
never seen so many out there so close in
even saw the belle/blueskip in amongst them all!

·
Team Loonz
8,201 Posts
Very nice session there Butch.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cracking report mate!! What was the bottom like there? Is it rough? Also what's parking like in the area?
rough ground with sand patches
I suss my spots over very low springs to cast too!
fish them once in daylight ready for fishing/hopefully-catching in darkness!
if I said what the parking is like,then the gower boys would know where im fishing lol:rolleyes::);)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts