World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Weather up here looked foul and the sea was pounding in so packed everything, including the kitchen sink and headed off early to our favorite Lleyn venue, on "The Far Side". Had time before low water to stop off for a cadwaladers ice cream (I think they put cocaine in them, I'm totally addicted). Arrived and set up 4 rods all on ledger rigs with a variety of hook styles, 2 for flatties using rag tipped with crab legs or squid strips and 2 on pure peeler, Yummy if you're silver. I was going to try live prawning off the rocks at high water so after a while I set off for the rock pools with bucket and net, The tourists must have thought "whats that middle aged nutter doing with a bucket and net and no child" Got a few big ones in the bucket so headed onto a rock and let old prawny dangle in what water there was at low, 2mins later and a I had a little silver on the end, great fun on light gear!!!! Himself, was keeping an eye out for the other rods and a yell went up as one of them rattled and the line screamed off the reel, It fought like a good un so must be a decent fish, or so we thought but when he got it in it was only about 2-3 pounds anyhoo it was dinner for 2. Good job we had early success as the jet skis, motor boats uncle tom cobly and his mother started a riot just around where we were so we capitulated and left them to it and came home, the wind had died down a bit and pemaenmawr looked good, hunger however drove us on and we live to fish another day. Anyone who fished Pen beach on the forum as I would be curious as to how anyone got on, It looked really good!!:fishing1:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts