World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Whats your best model, colour that catches you the most fish, in either the Zonk or Minnow, Plugs ?

Do you just use a straight retrieve with either or stop and twitch?

Cheers
Tide Minnow. I have about 5 different models & colours. I don't own a Zonk but wish I did so I could do my own comparisons.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Tide Minnow for me too, hand's down, still haven't caught on my zonk but have had loads on the Tide Minnows.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Tide Minnow Holo/White for me too, done the most damage. Never used the Zonk though. Love the way the minnow can dart from side to side with a twitch of the rod.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Whats you best colour/model/size?, Ive got 2 Orangish and Pearl largish ones.
Which way do you find is the best way to fish them?

Cheers
I'll admit I might be biased.

My then 11yr old daughter caught her first bass (about 2.5lb?) on a Tide Minnow Slim after only a few casts. Unforgettable. Cue screeching drag drag (it was set light) and "Dad, its going the wrong way" etc.

The fish in the photo was a good friend's first over 5lb. Closely followed by two more over the same head. Good times....

But lot's of friends swear by Zonks, and they do look so good.............too many choices...

·
Registered
456 Posts
TIDE for me too, SLD-F rule around here, wish we had more water deep enough to fish the Zonk more. Looks great in the water. Guess I will have to get a couple of Garatide/SP zonks.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Mike looking at your tide minnow it should be in the bin and a phone call to mick for a couple of new ones,
I like mine looking a bit scuffed up and marked. I personally think it adds to the injured bait fish look.

As long as the pattern is still mostly there and the holographic effect still works then it's all good as far as I'm concerned.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Don't own any Tide minnows YET but the Zonk did the business for me last saturday. Third chuck and I got a nice 3lb'r. I was well chuffed considering I didn't expect anything that day. :)

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Tide Minnow for me. Cannot remember the particular model as I have a few of them, but its quite long and is a pale Mackerel kind of imitation. Need to get me an orange one though, seems to be working at the moment.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I've caught lots more fish on the Tide Minnows, but just to throw another shrimp on the barbie, the Daiwa Shore Line Shiners aren't far behind - and may even sneak ahead (for me at least). Only confidence (the fact that I started catching on them sooner) leads me to fish the Tide Minnow's more often. Just a shame the Daiwa's don't have more models and colours.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts