World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening lads,

Had a session on my mates boat today, fishing was ok but couldn't drift for bass as planned as my mate wasn't confident that his engine was performing as it should. So we hung around the Langland area - caught a few hounds, Bass and Bream.

The coastguard were putting out a call for info about a 6ft Tender that was found drifting off bulls point on the english side of the channel.

Nobody was on board but a paddle, two fishing rods, jacket, a packed lunch and a copy of Fridays evening post were.

The RAF and a couple of local lifeboats (I think I saw mumbles heading over) were involved in the search.

It sounds a bit worrying and I hope its a false alarm, but I was wondering if anybody has heard any more about it

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
hi mate i havnt heard anything if anyone has it will more likely to be on this forum i hope it was a faulse alarm it would be devastating if anyone was on board and something happend ill keep my eyes peeled cheers nathan.

·
Doggystyles
5,037 Posts
it dont sound good at all, i really hope it just "escaped". the tides are really ripping through the channel at the mo what with the comedown from the springs so lets hope no-one went in. nothing on the sw forum about it yet.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Don't like to sound negative but if that dinghy had broke its moorings with all that kit who ever had lost it would have reported it, sounds very bleak indeed.
It does sound bleak Ken.

It was pretty unpleasant to hear the coastguard organising the search based on what they called the "hot sausage of survivability".

·
Premium Member
39,439 Posts
Even with a life saver on in cold water survival time is very limited, after two or three hours I would say there is not much chance.

Surprised no one has missed the person yet.

·
Premium Member
39,439 Posts
I have just done a search of RNLI press releases and there is no news to date. It appears that the dinghy came from South Wales, this was arrived at due to location, tides etc etc. As the incident occurred yesterday afternoon the chances of a positive conclusion are very slim.

Hope it's nothing to do with that chap on our forum who uses an inflatable dinghy and some times goes out from Oxwich.

·
Doggystyles
5,037 Posts
they dont mention if the boat had an engine so there fore im thinking possitive that ev ok.
you could well be right fella, i posted a thread on the sw forum and they were found safe and well swimming back to shore. here is the link :thumbs:

good news all round but as i said on my forum maybe they will think twice about heading out in a dingy over the big springs:cc_surren

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Glad nobody was lost, but how stupid to have to resort to swimming ashore, and then to fail to notify the coastgaurd that they are ok. Obviously no respect for the men and women who give up their own time without pay, and who often put themselves at danger keeping us Brits safe. I hope they feel both grateful and ashamed... pillocks!

·
Premium Member
39,439 Posts
Bottom line a happy ending.

According to the news item coastguards were alerted.

The coastguard was alerted to the 22-year-old and 16-year-old men swimming ashore fully-clothed but the dinghy was not retrieved.
Either this is miss information by the media or lack of communication else where.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.