World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
seeing that i am in asking mode i may as well include a good date\tide\to fish the deeps as the last time i fished there we had good sport it was the time when wales anglers fished against the english who had some good blokes in their team and if i remember we won on both legs home and away a good mark that used to be.

·
Registered
7 Posts
deeps fishes well say 2-3 hours before and after high but does fish well somtimes all the way down the tide. if the wind is south or southwesterly its realy not a good idea to be on the ledges with a big tide, as this can be deadly! its best fished in daylight first to suss how the tide washes behind you before you do a night sesh .

·
Registered
198 Posts
hi doggies,
what rigs would you use for cod fishing at the deeps?
i've been using pulley rigs to good affect for ray's for the last 6 months, are they best rigs all year round for this spot?

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hi while fishing the deeps last time out looking out at my rod bending over with the ever popular most often caught fish of all time [the seaweed fish]i was thinking what if?what if i had a slackliner and a rod bending 20 pounder on the other end how the hell would i get it up over that ledge without a gaff?i watched a guy one night laying down flat out his mate holding on to his legs as he was holding his line away from the edge so as to land the thing.the moral of this post is allways take a gaff but with my luck i will never need to use it but you never know eh????

·
Registered
198 Posts
Take it from me a gaff or net should always be one of the first things in the car when fishing ogmore, porthcawl or any high fishing venue for that matter.
I've made the mistake twice and both occasions i've lost good fish (both small eyed rays) trying to hand line them up. This can leave you with the worst feeling as a fisherman, and their's only you to blame!!!

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
too true m8 do you want to know about the one i lost it was a monster but then i woke up sad or what eh? :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
fished the deeps last night (sunday) was a bit mobed out down there with no wind hardly at all. fishing wasnt great , had a small conger and about 6 whiting, loads of bites from small bits which would be great cod/conger bait but couldnt hook em! pulley pennals or fixed pennals work well on there i find a fixed pennal close to the lead can work realy well. just have too play around a bit. live bait rigs for cod ,,,,when they start to show. you realy do have to take a gaff down there! and some rope is handy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts