World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any info, hints and tips, for fishing this area?? I will be fishing this coming Saturday, what am I likely to catch!

·
Registered
246 Posts
HI ....felixstowe is good on the beaches .But i fish in the river down by docks .go to viewpoint at the docks then look left at radartower on the fort side .walk down from that just past the groins ....past radar tower........BASS /DOGGIES/FLATTIES SMALL WHITING AND CODLING .AT THE MO ............... BAITS RAG /SQUID /HERRING /PEELER
I FISH TWO HOOK FLAPPER ON 15 INCH SHODS /SIZE 1/0 KAMASANS.........FOR SMALL STUFF .......THEN A NORMAL BOAT RUNNING LEGER .......FOR OTHER ROD .
WITH A 23 INCH SHOD ..... START FISHING AT TEN IN THE MORNING AND BE GONE BY 4 PM AS YOU CANT FISH AS TIDE RUNS OUT ...........CAST ABOUT 100 YARDS NOT TO FAR ....AS YOU WILL DROP IT PAST THE LEDGE INTO THE CHANNEL .
....................................HOPE THIS IS A HELP ........I MIGHT BE THERE AS WELL ON SATURDAY ...........................

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, as we had to rely on public transport, we travelled from Ipswich by the way. We fish past the pier and next to the cafe. very handy that for the teas.

We had a grand total of:

8 pouting
1 skinny and small whiting
2 crabs
1 pair of shorts

That was on the saturday.

What we saw was some distance offshore what looked like big shoals of fish. It made the area around them black. Anybody else saw them?? It happened a few times during the day!

·
Registered
246 Posts
You should of gone up further . the first pier where you fished is ok but if you walked up to the top ..... PAST THE BUNGALOW .......... is the place to fish .........

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was only visiting friends in Ipswich, I live in South Wales. And I didnt take my car up, I went by train. But, many thanks for all your information. It has been noted with thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts