World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Live in and Fish in the Lincs. area, but a mate and myself are looking for a overnight trip withing the next month to somewhere new. Earlier this week we took a trip down the Norfolk coast from Cromer pier to Sherringham, to cley marshes and finally to Wells Next the Sea, with a few other stops inbetween. Although most of the spots we visited looked really nice we thought that the cley marshes area looked particulary fishy. A few sea anglers were out the day we went but the ones we spoke to were holiday makers, and did'nt dseem to catching much. The chap working the car park was particulary helpful. Looking for some local knowledge( baits, rigs, catches etc...). Like I said want to give it a overnight session withing the next month, so any help would be great. Cheers, and tight lines.
Jay

·
Registered
305 Posts
its a bit quiet on the beaches at the moment, Cley is a good venue for Bass and flounder, u will also get mackeral this time of year, we fish the beach there a lot during the winter months and it can be very productive, 2 to 300 yards left of car park is very good for flounder, the wreck area to the right is also good when the bass are in, also good for spinning and plugging this time of year but I havent heard any reports of anything decent coming out, known hotspots are the pill box, the wreck and about 100 yrds past the wreck and of course to the left as mentioned above. Tactics really depends on what your targetting but normally we fish 3 hook portsmouth loop rigs, hook size 1's and 2's, casting between 30 and 80 yards , smooth hound do show up on this beach aswell but they dont hang around long and we havent had a good run for two years there.

Hope this helps a bit if you need any more info for future fishing around here just check the club website out and browse the reports

regards
Dene

1 - 4 of 4 Posts