World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
will be staying at wemyss bay caravan park with the mrs start of september, never fished the area before so i am in need of some info on marks to fish what fish to target and what baits i need please

had a look on google earth and saw the ferry terminal can you fish of that ? and if so is it worth it ?

cheers

steve

·
Registered
667 Posts
they wont let you fish from the terminal mate ,but if you look on google earth to the left of the pier there are red sandstone rocks infront of a church carpark ,its a fairly shallow mark but not to snaggy ,fish baits should take doggies from here ,worm can pick you up small codling, dabs , and the odd coalies ,if you spin there should still be mackerel about and ive heard of sea trout caught here, but to be honest dont expect great fishing, if you head north along the coast a few mile you will come to the cloch lighthouse ,spinning in front of here in the deep water will get you mackerel , if you head down to the waterfront in greenock fish in front of the swimming baths ,fish close in for a better range of species from codling, pollack ,dabs, doggies, sea scorpions ,and wrasse,fish with smaller hooks and if you can bring some peeler up with you all the better, there is a tackle shop in greenock that sells bait if you are stuck but i cant remember the street name,
lastly if you fancy a day out pop over on the ferry at weymss bay to rothesay and loch fad for some rainbow trout fishing .

·
Registered
557 Posts
Can't see you being able to fish the ferry terminal though i may be wrong.

Really poor allround that area but heres some marks

Cloch Lighthouse ... pollack, coalies, wrasse and maybe a codling. Raggies, mackerel, sandeels etc

Red Rocks and shingle beach at Largs -- pollack, coalies, whiting (small) lsd's, mackerel, the elusive codlings ----- usual baits.

Greenock and Gourock areas maybe worth a visit.

Plenty of trout fishing up there if catching a fish is important :fishing:

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the replies, sounds like we will be scratching then, will pump some worm the day before we come and will have some peeler, its not an all out fishing trip just a break with the mrs but she's used to every break we have involving some fishing :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts