World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Barry Lead Head
1,494 Posts
the barry dock is not hard to miss just head for the water front and you'll find it. Once there! fish for mullet and bass best times early morning dawn and dusk. Fish bread for mullet live prawn, rag, and whole mackrel for bass. Or spin for them.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
as said above fish the waterfront

175 Posts
out of curiosity how many bass have come out of the docks this summer?
It's decent for mullet and always will be but those days of bass surfacing the docks seem to have gone, anyone else experienced this or is it just me. If you wanted my honest opinion i would say dont even bother.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
out of curiosity how many bass have come out of the docks this summer?
It's decent for mullet and always will be but those days of bass surfacing the docks seem to have gone, anyone else experienced this or is it just me. If you wanted my honest opinion i would say dont even bother.
me and my mate have had quite a few between 4 and 5lb 10oz

·
Barry Lead Head
1,494 Posts
thanks for the info fellas :clap3: is it just a bass and mullet mark also can the prawns be caught here.
you can catch prawns off barry white light and my best tip would be to use very small hooks size 8 or 10 with a bit of rag or bread to catch small live bait like gobbie's and spawned mullet attach them to a float and SEE happens obviously you don't catch every trip but be assured the bass are there just work out how to bag one. I will be targeting bass down barry dock properly at the end of august mid sept, cheers

·
Team Banter
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thank you for your post again milo but :clap3: i know you fish the barry white light regular as ive read loads of posts from you :clap3: i have one of those prawn traps so if and when i go i should caught a few for the float.tell me is the white light at barry dock and can you give me more info where to park etc thanks.

·
Barry Lead Head
1,494 Posts
no probs here to help. The water front is one long car park just park where you want and fish about 20 meters away from your car. To get there j 33 off M4, follow tourist signs to barry island but when you get in barry stop following barry island signs and look for town centre signs then its just a case of asking directions to waterfront mate. Or google directions to morrisons barry. You can get some mackrel there too fairly cheap. To get prawns white light house barry island on jacksons bay walk to the end of the light house with long washing line or rope couple of used up mackrel heads in your prawn net and a brick whilst your fishing leave in for a few hours and you should have loads of prawns. Be aware prawns dont live too long once out of sea water so either use within few hours storing in a bucket with holes in the lid and filled with sea water or get a fish tank pump with motor bike battery all attached to a bucket nightmare but worth it if you wanna keep them alive longer. Then just fish them on a float at varied depths be carefull not to kill them hookin them on. Cheers

175 Posts

interesting stuff, i havent properly fished the docks for 8 years but have had a few casts to test my new spinning rod to no avail in both docks.

i remember it being a very good night mark for bass seeing them feeding on the surface presumably on smelt or white bait.

Does this still happen? As i havent seen this for some time down there, and have you had any on a lure?

It would also be nice to know how often they let the water in. As i think that the water could be brackish

i have seen what look like small garfish in there along with lots of mullet and wrasse.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts

interesting stuff, i havent properly fished the docks for 8 years but have had a few casts to test my new spinning rod to no avail in both docks.

i remember it being a very good night mark for bass seeing them feeding on the surface presumably on smelt or white bait.

Does this still happen? As i havent seen this for some time down there, and have you had any on a lure?

It would also be nice to know how often they let the water in. As i think that the water could be brackish

i have seen what look like small garfish in there along with lots of mullet and wrasse.
its not brackish the water is constantly let in over a two week tide cycle the fish do still top between surtain times but only in certain places

·
Team Loonz
8,201 Posts
as already mentioned white light prawns,they are huge not like your average rockpool prawns in fact you have to use quite chunky floats to stop the prawns pulling the float under.get a bucket of these and fish after dark they are the ultimate bass bait for barry dock.as for mullet,i would argue that its the (best)place in s wales for them once u know the place.cant give away the exact hotspot locations as i would have a contract on me but groundbait with bread (fancy concoctions not needed)and float fish bread a few inches off bottom.give it an hour in each spot until you find them as they tend to move around a lot.fish very light,i personaly use 4lb line (maxima ultragreen)and size 8 kamazan hooks and a float loaded with 5 aaa shot and adjustable stop knot i could blab on for hours about the place but ill stop here hope it helped

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.