World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering if some one could give me some info on the slip at brightling sea in essex.

wouldnt mind having a bash out of there for some were different to fish other than the orwell and the ore.

eg price to launch, gradiant of slip ect

my boat is a orkney coast,iner 14 ft and towing vehicle is a pug 406 hdi diesel

any info would be appricaited.

regards richard

·
Registered
769 Posts
Based on going there once with a friend's boat - very gentle gradient on packed gravel/mud, no problem with traction for recovery but if you've a bunked trailer rather than a roller-coaster then you'll have to either get the pug very wet or do a roped recovery. Launch would have been a tenner but the guy wasn't in his little kiosk that early on a weekday :clap2:
Ray parked roadside somewhere in the backroads as the trailers are supposed to be left on the foreshore - below tideline! Dunno where he actually parked as I was stood holding the boat. There's even a nice jetty to tie the boat to. Luxury.
Channels seemed very clearly marked, inner harbour limit was 4 knots, then 8 knots. Can't offer any advice on marks though, I was just a wide-eyed passenger.

Steve

A

·
0 Posts
Based on going there once with a friend's boat - very gentle gradient on packed gravel/mud, no problem with traction for recovery but if you've a bunked trailer rather than a roller-coaster then you'll have to either get the pug very wet or do a roped recovery. Launch would have been a tenner but the guy wasn't in his little kiosk that early on a weekday :clap2:
Ray parked roadside somewhere in the backroads as the trailers are supposed to be left on the foreshore - below tideline! Dunno where he actually parked as I was stood holding the boat. There's even a nice jetty to tie the boat to. Luxury.
Channels seemed very clearly marked, inner harbour limit was 4 knots, then 8 knots. Can't offer any advice on marks though, I was just a wide-eyed passenger.

Steve
Thats a pretty description by SeaMouse, Hogster, theres a pay & display carpark just around the corner from "Frenchs"

hth

Ubd

·
Registered
497 Posts
The pay and display is pretty expensive but in Winter there is plenty of space in the roads just behind the slip. In Summer/Public holidays though it gets pretty packed with "Yachties" though and is more of a problem.
Official parking for trailers is actually on the foreshore and trailers will get covered at high tide-so its best to avoid that if possible-to protect your bearings/brakes etc.
The town council are due to take over the slipway sometime in April and the "old boy" who has been there for as long as I can remember is due to retire (he must be 80 at least anyway)
He normally charges me £10 for a 75 hp engine and prices are based on h.p rather than boat length etc-although he has tried to get £15 out of me in the past and so it all seems to depend on what mood he is in.
With the council about to take over though-it is likely that launch charges will change-and you can bet they wont be cheaper either!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts