World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening all.

I'm from Fishguard, i usually fish various marks around the pembrokeshire coast from Amroth all the way round to Newport.

I'm going to be in the Llanelli area on Friday/Saturday and was wondering if anyone had some useful info to share regarding the marks in this area?

Cheers, Rhod's

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
rhod hi m8. my dad used to live in fishguard, and we used to fish on the lighthouse goodwick. can u still fish there, it was a few yrs ago and u could take the car right down to it, my dad lived in newport dinas cross i think.. just wondered.. b nice 2 go bak there and av a go,, thanks poach....

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately the breakwater you mention is now closed to the public. Its been closed for a few years now which is a shame because it always fished well. They still have the odd competition down there but i havent seen one for a while. I've been meaning to go down and see the port manager to ask him if theres any chance of fishing it sometime, some of the local lads told me he'll be fine with that but you have to sign a disclaimer before you go out. Otherwise.. jump the fence!

R

·
0 Posts
hiya

well i've not fished that area myself for a fair while...your best bet is probably the loughour esturey, although i have no idea how it is handling at the moment.....or you could try asking around on the Gower Rockhoppers website their all local lads that fish the region and should be able to help you better than me.

regards
Ruk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts