World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi can anyone clear something up for me please, as i am new to fishing i keep getting to many diffrent answers. One question i have is when loading a fixed spoil reel with line. Do you go to the very egde of the spool or do you leave enough room to fit a finger in width wise?

And i have just started beach fishing, i generaly use a three hook flapper with diffrent baits on to see what the fish are feeding on, the only problem is i cant cast very far yet only 50yard ish with this rig? Is this long enough and is this the right rig to use to target any species?

cheers

·
Registered
696 Posts
Just load the spool till its close to the edge but dont go right to the edge, you'll know if you over fill it because it will spring off the spool. Try not to under fill it as it will limit your casting.

As for the 3 hook flapper i stick to 2 hook, it will improve your distance, on some places 20 yards is far enough. Some places i fish you cant cast more than 40 cos you'll be in the rough. It all depends on the features of the beach. Also first and last light the fish will be in close to the shore.

Ive seen young children casting from a beach no more than 10 yards catching bass and plaice!!!

hope this helps

martin

1 - 2 of 2 Posts