World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi folks am lookin for a bit of info on the area. going tomorrow and fish till some time on sunday, never fish'd the area before. will be fishin with mainly the B-casters but will have a spinning rod with us, anybody got general area's thats fishin the now. will have the normal baits, squid,mackie,sandeel,lug,herring,bluey. cheers if anybody can help.

·
Registered
33 Posts
heard they are getting a few dogs and some small bass from the lefnol area just south of the cairnryan terminal. its well worth going into stranraer and having a chat with eric in the tackle shop he will put you on the fish.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
heard they are getting a few dogs and some small bass from the lefnol area just south of the cairnryan terminal. its well worth going into stranraer and having a chat with eric in the tackle shop he will put you on the fish.
cheers m8 for the info will do. cheers:clap::clap

·
Registered
107 Posts
cant beleive there hasnt been any reports from cairnryan pier this summer. every night ive went past it there has been a number of anglers on it, not sure how as its pretty well fenced off now. maybe its a few of the workers who are working on the new port but theres got to be something there to keep them going back.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cant beleive there hasnt been any reports from cairnryan pier this summer. every night ive went past it there has been a number of anglers on it, not sure how as its pretty well fenced off now. maybe its a few of the workers who are working on the new port but theres got to be something there to keep them going back.
There were two guys fishing on the pier last night when we went by, we ended up at the beach between the new terminal and the the lighthouse, 10 hours of hard fishing, three dogs between two of us fishing two rods each, P,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,ish

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Unlucky Trev. Sounds like the trip me and John had friday night/saturday a bit further south. Didn't realise you were going down that way till this morning when I noticed your thread. We probably passed you on the way home, lol.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Unlucky Trev. Sounds like the trip me and John had friday night/saturday a bit further south. Didn't realise you were going down that way till this morning when I noticed your thread. We probably passed you on the way home, lol.
hi PETE, a did think of sayin about headin a bit futher down, but as a was a guest wen't wi the flow. a got ma lsd first cast so it was a long fishless night for me. did have a good run on the multi rod but as soon as a pick'd up the rod the fish dropped the bait. never mind thats fishin for u. we left at 6.30 this mornin. will give u a shout at the weekend about the weights m8, think it will be a goer. cheers

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
unlucky trev pity you coudnt get on the pier it used to fish good years ago but as said didnt think you could get on it now but every time i pass theres someone fishing of it need to have a look next time.
hi RAB, yeah two guys were on it on sat night, but with all our gear thought better of it. there's big piles of crap/hardcore on it. a think its at ur own risk to go on it. cheers

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
tough sesh trev but at least ya gave it a go
like u say john if u don't try, u've gave it a try on a few seshes so a no how u felt now m8. cheers:bangin:

·
Registered
627 Posts
I WENT TO PORT LOGAN ABOUT A WEEK AGO AND HUNDREDS OF TONS OF ROCK WAS REMOVED FROM PIER,MAYBE FOR THE FOUNDATIONS OF NEW PIER?NO SHELTER FROM THE WINTER WINDS THEN:wallbash:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts