World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any1 fished newton point over high water, i have seen people fishing off the top where you park and heard of some big bass coming off there! i know its rotten bottom , do they get rays off there? i have seen a ray down there caught up on a trace that had snapped off, not much left of it mind after the seagulls had a go! just looking to try somewhere different for tomorrow night! cheers.:g:

·
Registered
Century Kompressor Super Sports, Penn Mags, Sloshes
3,642 Posts
you could give it a go m8 - you'll never know till you do m8......

was it a thorny??

·
Registered
236 Posts
i dont know if it is a known ray mark mate to be honest ive never heard of any rays.

but yes there were a few really nice bass caught down there last summer i fished it on a big tide in december after the codling but to no avail. it is moslty rotten bottom mixed ground sand, kelp rocks etc.

hope this helps

daz:)

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you could give it a go m8 - you'll never know till you do m8......

was it a thorny??
i think so , its wings had been pecked off and it was quite badly rotten, looked a good size un though.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i dont know if it is a known ray mark mate to be honest ive never heard of any rays.

but yes there were a few really nice bass caught down there last summer i fished it on a big tide in december after the codling but to no avail. it is moslty rotten bottom mixed ground sand, kelp rocks etc.

hope this helps

daz:)
do you fish off the top casting towards ogmore?

·
Registered
432 Posts
Iv'e had some nice size bass from there as well as a couple of decent cod. If you stand on the ledges facing ogmore, go to the last ledge to the left. Directly in front out about 60metres ish theres a sandy area and to the left at about 10o-clock theres another. You might lose a lead or two but nothing drastic or you could go down low water and see for yourself, thats how I found them.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Iv'e had some nice size bass from there as well as a couple of decent cod. If you stand on the ledges facing ogmore, go to the last ledge to the left. Directly in front out about 60metres ish theres a sandy area and to the left at about 10o-clock theres another. You might lose a lead or two but nothing drastic or you could go down low water and see for yourself, thats how I found them.

Hope this helps
i have fished it low water, not much sucsess though, i think i shall give it a go.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You're strangely obsessed with that mark mate, leave it be. Come up the pub with me!!!!!!!!:clap3: :clap3: :clap3: :clap3: :clap3: Frodo will be coming up, grab a lift with him, I'll only pm you obusive things later if you don't!!!
thats ok i probably wont be able to read em with your drunken spelling and gibberish, have a good one tonight and remember frodo can only have a maximum of 4 drinks .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts