World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Team Banter
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all
ive fished the barrage a good few times over the last week and ive blanked each time ive tried various rigs and ive float fished live shrimps which we trapped at the venue now id be interested what methods rigs hook sizes baits that would help my sessions more successful at this mark.look forward to your replies also if you have a few pictures of fish caught here can you please post a few thanks in advance :fishing:

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
hi all
ive fished the barrage a good few times over the last week and ive blanked each time ive tried various rigs and ive float fished live shrimps which we trapped at the venue now id be interested what methods rigs hook sizes baits that would help my sessions more successful at this mark.look forward to your replies also if you have a few pictures of fish caught here can you please post a few thanks in advance :fishing:
Why do you want pics of fish caught there, don't you believe there are any? :)

·
Team Loonz
2,270 Posts
heres a tip as u get on to the barrage as soon as it says fishin permitted get in that spot on ur left will be the lines going across the water look over ull see the wall about 50 yds out cast towards the wall as close to the lines as u can the fish are here waiting to go up the sluce gates use 2 up 1 down size 1 on top 2 size 3 on bottom bottom rig have 2 floating beads on with rag top 2 live shrimp iv had bass eels flounder i work just up from the barrage near the taff river and some huge fish are jumping out could be salmon so theyll be about if it is or maybe sea trout but they congregate around that wall mate u have to get there early tho its a well sort after spot tight lines mate

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
I tend to fish it using one rod for flounder (black lug, mussel, crab etc on a one up one down flattie rig) and a heavier rod for the bass with either squid or prawn/shrimp on a running ledger or some sort of clipped down rig.

·
TEAM FORESHORE
3,960 Posts
same as g1zmofish 2 rods, i used 1 rod with 5/0 manta extra's with a big bait(macky head and guts,whole squid,whole fillet of macky/bluey)and 1 rod i fished with 3 hook boomed rig with size 1 circle hooks on for the flatties and eels hope this helps

·
Registered
88 Posts
I too have fished with larger fish/squid baits, but so far nothings been interested :( But I agree there are plenty of fish jumping on that far wall, although the spot opposite has always been taken by the time I've got there + I couldn't get a bait out there without casting over someone. I have however had plenty of Flounder, Sole, Codling and Green eels by casting rag on size 2's straight out (about 50 yards) into the slack water just beyond the sluice channel. I've never fished up the other end of the barrage, but I've seen people bring in strap congers + rays - May give that end a go on Thursday, if there's space...

Good luck!

Codling, Flounder, Dab, Sole, Whiting, Pouting, Doggie, Turbot, Tub Gurnard, Blenny.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts