World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,
could you lot tell me the name of the rock mark that are beside swansea pier and is there a way over there on low water dont like the look of the cliff a bit steep for me, and are there any DO'S AND DONT'S FOR THIS MARK. and baits and rigs thank you muchly....clive.:confused:

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oops! silly me the one with the giant burger or apple on the top of the cliff

G

·
Sounds like Mumbles Pier that you are on about! It is easier to get to that rock mark if you park down by Mumbles Pier!

It is then an easy walk out to the rock mark plus if you time it right you can get marooned on the middle Island! And you will be able to see the terrain you are fishing over!

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ay it is mumbles pier, phil had a mind blank then mate i think the tide is around 13.oohrs on sat best is im not asking for myself but for a mate lo.l ill be up me caravan.

ps forgot to say thank's silly me .

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Hi Clive,
It is a small tide 10.1m for Mumbles. The middle island can be fished through the run using a sandeel or delta (white) on a rod with a 1/2-1oz weight as the bottom is small stones and a few snags. Spinning is a good option using surface poppers etc no deep diving ones unless you are rich!
The Light house island is a comfortable fish providing the weather is tidy with the old pipe being a good platform for using crab bait one hook 3/0 mustard Bendy.
Rotten bottom links required here weights to around 3 oz are good or a spark plug etc. you will be cut off by the tide so take plenty of water to drink and some sarnies etc.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks jonboy.
ill pass the info on to my m8 thanks again tight lines for the weekend
clive.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts