World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,just wanted to ask advice,need to buy a new rod,budget of £50 to £100.I know its not a great amount compared to some peoples budget.I mainly fish off the beaches over smooth ground,fix spool is my favoured type of reel.Done a bit of looking around & found some options,ie penn,abu garcia & diawa supercast,many others to! Any help on the subject would b welcomed!!! many thanks:giveup:

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Andy I`ve got two Penn Surfblasters (I think) 13ft fixed spool, and I love them, if you`re anywhere near Chichester please feel free to take them out and use them to see what you think, it's about time that someone who knew what they were doing used them.

Toby

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
i bought to second hand daiwa supercast's of ebay but were pretty much brand new no scratches no nothing payed £170 for the both if you keep looking you will pick one up within your budget lovely rods !!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks chaps,have a penn superflex already,it was blown over in the wind & then the top of the rod broke off,top 2 eyes.so i am a bit concerned that its not that strong,or was it just bad luuck?? I have looked around to try & buy the top section on its own to no avail. Would get it repaired if i could find somebody to do it!!! I will keep looking,thanks for your help
:bangin:

·
Registered
223 Posts
greys grx-s 13ft fixed spool or multiplier £99

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for all the advice.:clap2:

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the rod actualy snapped!!! so its not a case of replacing the eyes:thumbdown

·
Registered
191 Posts
You could have a look at the shakespeare Salt? I have had a couple now for the last couple of years and they seem to be very good rods. The write up's on them seem pretty good too.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
You could have a look at the shakespeare Salt? I have had a couple now for the last couple of years and they seem to be very good rods. The write up's on them seem pretty good too.
yeah totally agree, I've got two & they are superb, you might one for around 65-70 quid.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Shakey Salt hard to beat. Fantastic quality for the price. My 13' MX seems tough too, given that it's had the same hamfisted treatment as my AFAW clubman, but I've replaced 3 rings on the clubman.

·
Registered
20,820 Posts
Me too
if the full Salt beachcaster is as good as the Salt Flattie which only costs about £40 then it must be very good in that price range.

yeah totally agree, I've got two & they are superb, you might one for around 65-70 quid.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts