World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning all,
Could any of you lads please tell me if the area around St Mary's lighthouse, Crisps gulley etc. is deep enough to hold wrasse and pollack (and mackerel ). I am looking to do a bit of float fishing and spinning this summer. Dont hear much mention of it as a venue on this forum and I was hoping to try it out if its worth while.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Good morning all,
Could any of you lads please tell me if the area around St Mary's lighthouse, Crisps gulley etc. is deep enough to hold wrasse and pollack (and mackerel ). I am looking to do a bit of float fishing and spinning this summer. Dont hear much mention of it as a venue on this forum and I was hoping to try it out if its worth while.
yes pete does hold the odd pollock and wrasse..... you would be better heading to dunstanburgh castle tho its better up there with deeper water

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Paul, I want to get sorted for the weekend after next so if possible is there any chance of a few more details on Dunstanburgh, best marks,depth, route, parking etc. Bit cheeky I know but as I only manage to get out fishing once or twice a month I like to hit the ground running so to speak.
Cheers.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Paul, I want to get sorted for the weekend after next so if possible is there any chance of a few more details on Dunstanburgh, best marks,depth, route, parking etc. Bit cheeky I know but as I only manage to get out fishing once or twice a month I like to hit the ground running so to speak.
Cheers.
Hi pete parking is easy head for craster village just watch where you park tho dont obstruct anyones property, next its the long walk 11/4 mile to the castle go thru the castle gates you will come to kiosk where you have to pay dont bother just say your going fishing they will let you through the castle no probs after the kiosk turn right down the steps all the way to bottom walk left all away along to the end of the castle wall there is an opening in the wall through that and head left i like to get right down close to the point as possible the water is very deep here even at low water more than likely there will be people already fishing there as its a popular place in the summer.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That sounds spot on Paul, Thanks very much. If its a good deep mark even at low water I may have to wangle a whole day up there, early start and late finish.
That one is deffo on the short list.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
That sounds spot on Paul, Thanks very much. If its a good deep mark even at low water I may have to wangle a whole day up there, early start and late finish.
That one is deffo on the short list.
u will b suprised just how deep it is off there pete m8t, cracking mark in
the summer:) allso heaving with macky's

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Will deff give that mark a go, bought one of those breakaway backrests so must get it fixed on soon, sounds like I will need it for the walk in.
thanks you two.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts