World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm on holiday in Hamble in two weeks time, I would be grateful if anyone out there could give me any information about shore fishing in the area. Any advice is welcome as it will save me dragging the misses and the kids around looking for tackle shops and marks to fish. Cheers :)

P.S - Do they do boat trips out of Hamble marina?

G

·
you could try sammy's tackle,cabin boatyard,bridge rd,bursledon (02380)406378,he's on the left side of hamble marina(depend's on which direction u come in from)
and not far down the road there's lee-on-the-solent,gosport(hasler wall,millinium pier)and portsmouth and hayling island.
if you are looking for easy access and fish to keep the kid's happy you won't go far wrong at south parade pier,cost £2.50 adult £1.50 kids if they are fishing too,there's pout,wrasse,mackeral,some good size bass,various other bit's and bob's,ring dave at beach tackle on 07754778075 he runs it.
try www.solent-fishing-guide.co.uk.
p.s.if you see smudge,give him the thumbs up for me. :D

G

·
hello pout

i often fish the area but on a boat always see the shore gang out at the mouth of the hamble, good bass spot at times plenty of pout there for you as well not quite sure how you get to it by land.
another good spot is hill head, just before you get to lee on the solent good for smoothies at the moment,
not sure about charters out of there but if youve got the car with you you only 20 mins away from lymington and portsmouth plenty of charters from both these spots.

i only live 10 mins from hamble give me a pm when your coming ill see what i can find out for ya ,if it works out might be able to get you on our boat for a day,got engine probs at the minute.or might join ya on the beach.

G

·
sammies is oppisite alladins cave behind the chinese resturant he will know if theres any charters there.

good luck

·
Registered
9,538 Posts
I've seen plenty of people fishing the area known as Hamble Common, on the Southampton Water side of Hamble Point Marina. Generally catch flounder, bass and eels there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts