World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brilliant day weatherwise, light South Easterly, swung round to moderate Westerly. Sea very calm near Carsethorn where myself and Big Tam, plus Sandyhill from the forum fished today. Again I had a non productive day, only one flounder and a wee plaice were attracted by my crab bait. Tam did a wee bit better with three flatties, his bait was crab, lug and mackerel strip. Both of us used two rods. Sandy hills was the winner today by a great margin. He ( Donald ) managed to catch ten fish, only using one rod and again lug. His catch consisted of five flounder, two of them pretty decent sized, four small plaice and a big dab. Fished from mid tide up to high water and 90 mins. of the ebb. Once the ebb started, weed began to show, and masked leader knot, hooks and weights. My stone built chair is nearing completion, so gave it a decent trial today, although could not sleep due to the chatterbox's
Enough is enough, I will need to get the fork out and start digging some lugworm if I want to improve my catch rate. 000_0176.jpg

·
Registered
254 Posts
Brilliant day weatherwise, light South Easterly, swung round to moderate Westerly. Sea very calm near Carsethorn where myself and Big Tam, plus Sandyhill from the forum fished today. Again I had a non productive day, only one flounder and a wee plaice were attracted by my crab bait. Tam did a wee bit better with three flatties, his bait was crab, lug and mackerel strip. Both of us used two rods. Sandy hills was the winner today by a great margin. He ( Donald ) managed to catch ten fish, only using one rod and again lug. His catch consisted of five flounder, two of them pretty decent sized, four small plaice and a big dab. Fished from mid tide up to high water and 90 mins. of the ebb. Once the ebb started, weed began to show, and masked leader knot, hooks and weights. My stone built chair is nearing completion, so gave it a decent trial today, although could not sleep due to the chatterbox's
Enough is enough, I will need to get the fork out and start digging some lugworm if I want to improve my catch rate. View attachment 21133
the true stone of destiny will have to try it for size.

·
Registered
472 Posts
sounds like a good day Jack. thought about dropping into Caresthorn to see if anyone was out but wife was desperate to get up the road to get kids suff ready for going back to school.:clap2:
three weeks since i got a line wet but hoping to get out next sat.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the true stone of destiny will have to try it for size.
Will not fit you mate, it is custom made for the king of the almost blankers, to allow me to sit and ponder at the high water mark whilst awaiting the elusive plaice, bass, flounder, dab, eel and all the other swimming creatures. Photo here of you with nicely marked flounder you caught today. 000_0182.jpg

000_0183.jpg Modified seat with drink table.
Flash, let me know nearer the time and if I am going to chase the plaice, you are welcome, and unlike Carsethorn itself, you will not need crab bait, although lug are a bit difficult to dig just now, for some unknown reason.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Will not fit you mate, it is custom made for the king of the almost blankers, to allow me to sit and ponder at the high water mark whilst awaiting the elusive plaice, bass, flounder, dab, eel and all the other swimming creatures. Photo here of you with nicely marked flounder you caught today. View attachment 21139

View attachment 21140 Modified seat with drink table.
Flash, let me know nearer the time and if I am going to chase the plaice, you are welcome, and unlike Carsethorn itself, you will not need crab bait, although lug are a bit difficult to dig just now, for some unknown reason.
remeber you had a head start when i had to walk all the way back to the car for my worms.

·
Specimen Hunter
3,276 Posts
nice one atleast you are all catching, ive never fished the solway, still busy trying to get around the marks here, hopefully sometime soon,

where would you recomend?

·
Registered
47 Posts
weather looks a bit damp tomorrow so going down on tuesday will text happy hibee hes on holiday .larry will go to if not to busy.you want to get a cushion for that seat youl be getting dukes of argyles:eek:hnoes:

·
Registered
472 Posts
will do Jack.
will definitly be down but have to head into uncharted ayrshire for a friends bday on sat night. have set myself the task of squeezing a few hours in trying to up my catch ratio.before hand:fishing:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts