World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to collect peeler yesterday, weather great yet crabs a bit thin on the ground, managed to collect about 25, a mix of peeler, softies and krinklies. A few rocks overturned, probably by others collecting small edible shellfish. Decided to give Rough Firth near Palnackie in S.W. Scotland a go on Sat. , even although it is a bit early in the season. Lovely day, a wee bit hazy yet warm and very little breeze. Set up two rods, began an hour into the ebb, and within a few minutes first bite, ignored it for a bit, then struck to find nothing, missed it! Reeled in to find double trace mangled, so at least eels are in. later got a bite which I connected with, a fine plump flounder not much short of the 2lb. mark. Later another flounder of about 1 lb. and that was it. Not a great day, but did catch, so it will be Carsethorn tomorrow in the hope of a few more fish.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Nice one dabhand better than sitting in the house:) at least the crab have started to peel:)

·
Registered
248 Posts
Good weather:sun: ,catching fish:fishing: ,scotland , what more can a man ask:notworthy

·
Hardcore Poster
1,575 Posts
Nice to read the report Dab Hand - things are just starting down your way - exciting times ahead :)
Look forward to the Carsethorn Report :)

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Aye, smashing day today Peter, will try to manage a report after I have a well deserved pint or two. If you are still coming down on Sat. I'll whet your appetite.

·
Hardcore Poster
1,575 Posts
Hya Dab Hand
Me BMAC and Andy looking for a session with you next Sat if you are still ok for it - Carsethorn sounds good , will be in touch - will buy some rag and probably try to dig a few lug at the lighthouse - will be in touch :)
Peter :notworthy

·
Registered
372 Posts
Well done Jack. My mate Shaun is over your way today for the open - I'm coming up the first weekend in July for the Flattie match at Kirkcudbright and the Peever open.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts