World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks

I've not been fishing for very long (about 2 years). But along my way I have seen a myraid of gadgets and devices, some very clever and usful and some not so good. As many of you are accomplished anglers :rolleyes: , I wondered what inovative gizmo you would like to see in the tackle shops...

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
A combined, reusable bunch of flowers, box of chocolates and a clean kitchen to give me unlimited brownie points with 'er indoors ;)

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
paid4tackledealersroller said:
A combined, reusable bunch of flowers, box of chocolates and a clean kitchen to give me unlimited brownie points with 'er indoors ;)
Yes earning brownie points with your probation officer is a difficult one. But I think it will be a while before Microsoft solves that one..

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
:confused: You think I live with my probation officer? His bribe um I mean gift would be a 4 pack of Newky Brown, oz of Old Holborn and some tofu :)

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
I wrote this last week in the tackle system but had little reponse other than suggestions that I get out more! So i'll try again!
SatNavRemoteFish Finder -SNARFF
New product just being introduced onto the market.
  • It’s called the Sat-Nav Remote Fish Finder or SNARFF for short.
  • It can be used remotely as part of your Sat-Nav system in the car.
  • This system works to locate shoals of your chosen Fish at beaches you choose to try.
  • So now you can decide where to fish and stop wasting your time going somewhere when the fish are all somewhere else.
Having scanned the beaches in the chosen sector it gives you a printout:

• It lists, for every beach, the predominant species present, approximate numbers and sizes
  • Deluxe versions can also spot other anglers already at each venue as Carbon beachcasters are easily targeted from space
The chosen beach can then be re-scanned when you get closer to reveal:
  • Exact position of Fish shoals
  • Depth of water
  • Speed/direction of current
  • Marauding crabs
  • Then once you’ve set up, the system comes into its own. A special transducer is remotely fitted to your rig which continues to transmit details to your handset.
Here are some excerpts from a trial session I had with the system.

It is equipped,with a variety of ‘personas’ including the husky, sibilant tones of a Dark Haired Central European Female. She said to me:

“Wonderful, Power casting Swelley”, “What technique, ....you’ve done this before, I can tell!”, “Oh, oh ….., oh that was sooo …good!”, “ Wish my man could do that!”, “Go away odious crab” (the system is equipped with crab-scarers to preserve bait ) “Do you like my perfume?” (the system allows fish attractants to be released from your rigs) “Just move it back a little more, yes .., just right”, “Now wait, …. there is a 20lb Bass about to take your bait, wait … now tighten up and … STRIKE!” The system helps you to fight the fish sending an electric current to subdue anything that might frighten you or be lost in the surf. Once the catch is on the beach the praise (above) is redoubled at a higher volume! An additional message is then transmitted via loudspeakers to the rest of the beach, “Come on you losers come and see what a real man can do!”

To get a real balance of the system I also tried the ‘Oh-I-wouldn’t-try-there-sonny –‘cos-there’s-nothing-ever-been-caught-there’ or JONAH as he is called.in the system. The mocking voice with a Lancashire accent says:

“ No, you need to be much further out sunshine”, “Not much of a cast that was it, but then birdsnests tend to slow everyone down, don’t they!”,” Can’t say I’ve ever seen such c**p equipment on this beach before”, “No, leave it there, there’s a nice little Dab/Flounder just coming along to swallow your hook”, “Don’t strike yet!!!!!” “ Let it swallow it!”, “ No point in letting the little blighter get away, even though it’s only 4ozs, must be a personal best for you””

In the pipeline:

A deep scan which will photograph other anglers who have subscribed and have their SNARFF photo-Ids with them dangling from their Tripods

Each of the above can also purchase additional Fish IDs to hang like trophies to inform SNARFF-Scanners what they have already caught

This will allow you to decide that you’ll fish somewhere else so as not to hear them crowing!

Mk3 allows you to send your tackle plus the system, remotely, to the beach which will fish for you whilst you watch the match in the Pub. They are working on a personsa that encourages you to scatter litter and coaches the correct way of kicking any Dogfish it allows you to catch.

Don't think i'll subscribe! Liked the voice though!!

·
Registered
7,885 Posts
INTRODUCING AN EXCITING NEW ROD... The Machotex Doggie Dragger - RRP £499.99

We've seen a multitude of speciality rods over the last few years, from Tuna Sticks to the Flattie Fanatic - all of which are now tried and tested classics of their kind, having earned numerous angling journalists unlimited wealth for the hundreds of reviews they have been paid to write. But there's still a gap, and that's a rod designed specially for that commonest of sea-fish - the Lesser Spotted Dogfish. Or is there?

The Doggie Dragger is a beaut. Designed with NASA technology and tested in a big wind-tunnel somewhere for its aerodynamic properties, this 13ft 6in titanium-cobalt-carbon beastie represents the peak of modern fishing technology. It is designed to cope with all the rough-and-tumble that dogfish exert on your tackle in their efforts to escape, and that takes some doing. I took one down to my local beach, loaded my multiplier with 15lb mono and tied on a 2-up 3-down 4-hook rig baited with squid with a 5-oz sinker.

Casting was simplicity itself. I turned away from the beach, flexed my biceps a few times for show, adjusted my sunglasses and whoomph - away it went, a magnificent effortless 80 yards. Within hours the rod's bite-detector system (formerly called the tip) was nodding away and I was able with some effort to pump in a dogfish, some seaweed and an item I cannot mention in a family magazine. The rod handled the fight effortlessly, with each savage pull exerted by the tide on the weed easily controlled by lowering the rod-tip and getting my breath back. By the end of the session I had notched up another five dogfish, a mountain of weed and a personal best binliner full of water. All through this the rod coped effortlessly. Go to your nearest tackle dealer and order one now. You won't regret it until your next bank statement arrives.

John

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Hi John,

Next week I am retiring from work. As a leaving present I have been asked to purchase a rod and reel of my choice, no expense spared.

As a person who has, over the years, collected all the fishing tackle that I would ever need, I found this a daunting task, however this rod that you describe would suit me down to the ground. What reel would you suggest that I go for?

I eagerly await your reply before I telephone one of the tackle shops to order this wonderful rod and reel.

Cheers

Drew

·
Registered
7,885 Posts
Drew said:
Hi John,

Next week I am retiring from work. As a leaving present I have been asked to purchase a rod and reel of my choice, no expense spared.

As a person who has, over the years, collected all the fishing tackle that I would ever need, I found this a daunting task, however this rod that you describe would suit me down to the ground. What reel would you suggest that I go for?

I eagerly await your reply before I telephone one of the tackle shops to order this wonderful rod and reel.

Cheers

Drew
Reel? Gotta be the Ultramag-Zeta Tungsten. At £399.99, it has the amazing feature of being plated with tungsten carbide. One of the hardest materials known to man, this prevents abrasion to the reel by bits of seaweed flapping about and - of course - dogfish skin. An ideal companion. Ask about a combo - you may get a good deal - and tell them Alan Yates sent you ;)

John

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Hi John,

This is something that I have been waiting for. I have been racking my brains for over a month now wondering what to buy, and you have come up with the answer.

I will phone Poingdestres of Southampton and ask if they can locate one for me. I use them for all my tackle, I'm sure that they will give me a good discount.

The reel sounds awesome, much better than my Abu's or Shimano's? Have you actually tried it?

I will keep you informed, by the way I am out this weekend, if my rod arrives I will give it a try.

Cheers

Drew

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Hi John,

I've just read Alan's full report, this combo sounds awesome, the ultimate rod and reel for the man who has everything. It's a good job that I'm not paying. I have tried a few of the well known dealers but none of them will stock either of them. They all offered to get me them but at the full price. However my friendly young friend in Poingdestres has indicated that he would do a deal (15% discount). As they have to be imported I will have to wait a few days but Iam sure that they will be worth waiting for. I have been told that the rod can be used for Bass also.

Thank you for the write up.

Cheers

Drew

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Im sure if you wait a while they will start to become available on E-bay and as both rod and reel seem indestructable (those in the know have already nicknamed them Captain Scarlet) they should make an excellent hassle free second hand purchase.

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
Careful with the Reel, would be my advice. All that weight low down, you'll need to change your casting technique. However if it's the new 'Automatic' it has a 'flipper' that allows you to set casting distance and it loads itself up and the rod bends before releasing the line at just the right moment.

Be ready however for the inevitable 'back-biting' if you still manage to either 'crack-off' or birdsnest. Then you get the 'Tongue' bit of the carbide!

·
Registered
465 Posts
You guys crack me up :D :D :D :D

Ryan

1 - 16 of 16 Posts