World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Regards to the inshore netting, They act within the law moaning about them just winds everyone up, there's nothing anyone can do about it, and i'm sure everyone would do the same as its a living for them, they don't care about beach anglers, its the trade there in... ( money Talks) and people eat fish..

·
Registered
5,565 Posts
Regards to the inshore netting, They act within the law moaning about them just winds everyone up, there's nothing anyone can do about it, and i'm sure everyone would do the same as its a living for them, they don't care about beach anglers, its the trade there in... ( money Talks) and people eat fish..
Why dont you give up using a rod and get yourself a net! No one minds them earning aliving its the distance e.g. 10 yards out in a foot of water, off a popular fishing venue, killing and destroying fish and crabs for no reason at all. Dont moan when you blank next time. :uhuh:

·
Registered
4,988 Posts
The netting that close is bad enough, but to actually destroy the fish and crabs they caught and sling them back is despicable. Given the reports that have been on here recently its not like they could have expected anything other than dogs and baby hounds! If you have a pic that identifies the vessel and individuals concerned, Schuey, it must be worth contacting the local SFC.

One Up - I'm surprised at you. Firstly these are issues we should get wound up about and secondly, we don't know for sure they were acting within the law and even if they were there is no living to be made by destroying fish and crabs before chucking them back in the water!

·
Registered
81 Posts
I remember my first experiance with inshore netter's back in 83,fishing off sea lane ferring, i was with me dad when he hooked into a gill net about 60 yds out!that was enough for him he didnt go for another 20yrs,as mentioned the only realistic way things are gonna change is if some poor bugger gets tangled in one of these nets and drowns, and that aint happened.......yet,as for the inshore trawlers thats just enviormental RAPE! there is at least now, is a recognition of the condition of the sea bed off sussex and the uk, other than that of us anglers, that it is at long last gettin noticed ie,BBC prog Coast,and country file,feature deep sea coral destruction of the outer hebrides,the general public and our gravy train sucking politcians are more likely to listen to these networks than a bunch ov desgruntled anglers that are more intersted in fighting amongst themselves than trying to make a difference........how ever im sure if you could get hold ov some RPG'S from you're local tackle shop we would come together and let our huge pressence be felt!..................NICE.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I remember my first experiance with inshore netter's back in 83,fishing off sea lane ferring, i was with me dad when he hooked into a gill net about 60 yds out!that was enough for him he didnt go for another 20yrs,as mentioned the only realistic way things are gonna change is if some poor bugger gets tangled in one of these nets and drowns, and that aint happened.......yet,as for the inshore trawlers thats just enviormental RAPE! there is at least now, is a recognition of the condition of the sea bed off sussex and the uk, other than that of us anglers, that it is at long last gettin noticed ie,BBC prog Coast,and country file,feature deep sea coral destruction of the outer hebrides,the general public and our gravy train sucking politcians are more likely to listen to these networks than a bunch ov desgruntled anglers that are more intersted in fighting amongst themselves than trying to make a difference........how ever im sure if you could get hold ov some RPG'S from you're local tackle shop we would come together and let our huge pressence be felt!..................NICE.
20 years ago, sorry old fart wittering, my mate and I had a game of trying to put a sinker on the deck of a French Trawler 100 yards off Dungeness. We could reach it easily, but kept missing. Eventually, after getting fed up with being yelled at and cast at, they disappeared. It has showed up that the problem has not been resolved.

·
South Coast Forum Moderator
1,603 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
:secret:
20 years ago, sorry old fart wittering, my mate and I had a game of trying to put a sinker on the deck of a French Trawler 100 yards off Dungeness. We could reach it easily, but kept missing. Eventually, after getting fed up with being yelled at and cast at, they disappeared. It has showed up that the problem has not been resolved.
Exacktley!!! if we can hit em with a sinker then they EFFIN should be here! but what do we do about it............ nothin! jack *hit! the only chanse we av is with the looney tune green begrade to save the sea bed,and sure as *uck once they've saved the sea bed we wont be able to touch the fish!!!!...........ironic....init!

·
Registered
5,565 Posts
SS: Where was this happening mate?
It was at the end of the Worthing Pier at low water, they were about 10 yards out from waters edge and from the pier and in a foot of water at most, the sand and rocks were exposed 30 yards either side of them and it was possible to walk even the behind them it was that shallow. Got the boat number - it was like the ones kept on beaches by fish stalls.

The worst thing about it was watching the 2 guys pulling in their net when they saw me and hitting live dogfish, small hounds and crabs with hammers and then throwing them back in the water dead.

Its not the first time i seen boats do similar things, at Climping one morning another boat managed to make the effort and go 30 yards out from waters edge (careful guys you might waste a bit of petrol :unsure: ), and again where hauling in dogfish and spider crabs. This time they grabbed the dogs by the tail and swung them as hard as they could so they hit their heads on the side of the boat then threw them onto the sand dying. The spiders got smashed with hammers again.

The guys have to make a living but why go to a known local fishing spot, in so little water, deliberately kill everything then throw it back:g: The area they were fishing had been producing dogfish in the hundreds for well over a week so why fish there if its obvious whats there and not what they wanted anyway ?

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Henry

how old were you when you could cast a 100yds?????

:)

A damn site younger than you were Ada:) .

I like to think I am now 42, but others for some reason don't believe me.

·
Registered
4,988 Posts
I would just like to know what justification these cretins think they have for deliberately destroying the fish and crabs they caught.

On the H&S front, I think that the time of year would factor against there being any threat to swimmers. However, an email to the SFC might at least clear up whether they are breaking any laws. Do you want to contact them Schuey or shall I? As the witness it might be best if you do but I am quite happy to contact them.

The address is :

Sussex Sea Fisheries District Committee
Unit 6
Highdown House
Shoreham Airport
Shoreham-by-Sea
West Sussex
BN43 5PB

Chief Fishery Officer and Clerk:
Mr T.M. Dapling M.Sc.

Tel. 01273 454407
Fax. 01273 454408

email: [email protected]

·
Registered
5,565 Posts
I would just like to know what justification these cretins think they have for deliberately destroying the fish and crabs they caught.

On the H&S front, I think that the time of year would factor against there being any threat to swimmers. However, an email to the SFC might at least clear up whether they are breaking any laws. Do you want to contact them Schuey or shall I? As the witness it might be best if you do but I am quite happy to contact them.

The address is :

Sussex Sea Fisheries District Committee
Unit 6
Highdown House
Shoreham Airport
Shoreham-by-Sea
West Sussex
BN43 5PB

Chief Fishery Officer and Clerk:
Mr T.M. Dapling M.Sc.

Tel. 01273 454407
Fax. 01273 454408

email: [email protected]
You can if you like - your better at writing than I am. Chances are they will turn a blind eye as normal as its known alot of them get back handers from the fisherman themselves.

Chances are they will try denying it as well.

·
Registered
4,988 Posts
Okay Schuey - I'll send a mail this afternoon. One question first - I know it was early morning but can you give me a more accurate time?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Write to the Worthing Hearld and copy the letter to the Sussex Sea Fisheries District Committee or visa versa - local papers are always desperate for stories and they love a bit of controversy. It also forces the hand of SSFDC to do something as they are in the eye of the press.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts