World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI ALL . with all this dam weed about was thinking about giving it ago inside the harbour ? just wondering if anyone has fished it recently .last time i fished in there was pestered with small bootlace eels . any info greatly appreciated . :idea:

·
WSF Hardcore Angler
4,034 Posts
i have fished it a few times over the past few years and it has frustrated the hell out of me in there on occasions mate......i have seen a sole (by angryhammer) caught in there along with doggy's, i've had a smoothound pup in there in the past aswell but the main fish caught in there tend to be eel's and bass of which i've had a few, my biggest bass in there is 3 1/2lbs but fishergateman has had some bigger than that including a 4lber this year....i've also seen a LOT of mullet in the harbour and seen some caught nearer the boats but have not yet got around to going for them myself....also seen sea trout in the shallow section behind the schooner pub but never seen any caught myself.....in my very limited experience the best days tend to be when its overcast and some movement in the water but other people might think otherwise....as for baits, peeler crabs caught the 4lber and a couple over 2lb, macky fillet caught my 3 1/2lber but would probably take some red rag on my next trip down there to see whats about......hope this helps.....oh and 1 last thing, i probably have had twice as many blanks in there to fish caught but still won't give up!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
great info salty much appreciated . ill give it ago in the week . .ill report back hopefully with a capture report . cheers again :clap3:

·
Registered
681 Posts
depending on what you wanna catch... float fishing works well on the inside of the arms for mackeral and gars or fishing further into the harbour at soldiers point can produce bass but i dont remember seeing a recent report on here for the point, gl where ever u end up :thumbs:

·
WSF Hardcore Angler
4,034 Posts
depending on what you wanna catch... float fishing works well on the inside of the arms for mackeral and gars or fishing further into the harbour at soldiers point can produce bass but i dont remember seeing a recent report on here for the point, gl where ever u end up :thumbs:
u mean from the arms and around the point mate?...thought jewels meant inside the harbour? as in the lady bee marina/ inside the lock gates?

·
Registered
12,592 Posts
Just been sitting in the traffic works at Kingston harbour, where I watched a few rods pulling in capture after capture. Mostly spaghetti weed, but it looked like there might be some gorilla pubes and green snot as well.......

·
WSF Hardcore Angler
4,034 Posts
Just been sitting in the traffic works at Kingston harbour, where I watched a few rods pulling in capture after capture. Mostly spaghetti weed, but it looked like there might be some gorilla pubes and green snot as well.......

i had noticed the weed reached the shingle of kingston beach yesterday but not sure if would be getting on the rods, now i know! if anyone wants a complete weed free session in the southwick area then inside the gates is the place to be......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts