World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
popped down to instow tonight in front of the commadore hotel to try out a new rod i just got and the fish were biting!

first cast and within seconds the tip was jumping all over the place.... missed it and stripped clean. this was happening every cast till i finally got one of the little buggers. this was a pre schoolie bass of about 5-6" long.

only stayed till mid tide as weed and debris from the recent rain was becoming so much of a problem i was practically reeling in a football pitch full of grass and a forest full of leaves!

btw the rod was a mustad multi tip match 1-3oz the bite detection was so good i could even tell when the lug passed wind!

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Lol - kinda just missed you then! I was going to go down that way somewhere last night but changed plans at the last minute.
Shows how much fresh we've had down cos it's unusual to get weeded up along that stretch. The Taw was up over the banks a few mornings ago so not surprising. I think you might have found it died away towards high water though — you might have had more fish about then, too, cos the water's deeper.

Good report though mate. Let us know when you're over that way again!

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol - kinda just missed you then! I was going to go down that way somewhere last night but changed plans at the last minute.
Shows how much fresh we've had down cos it's unusual to get weeded up along that stretch. The Taw was up over the banks a few mornings ago so not surprising. I think you might have found it died away towards high water though — you might have had more fish about then, too, cos the water's deeper.

Good report though mate. Let us know when you're over that way again!
yeah i will mate. it was a last minute idea on my part too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts