World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With talk recently of repaired and strengthened hulls, I was delighted to notice in my policy the following clause:
"We will pay for loss or damage caused by .....
Latent defects in the hull ...."

So I thought great if the factory repairs/strngthening to my boat ever begin delaminating or whatever I can make a claim

but then I noticed a later clause:
"We will not pay for...
The cost of repairing, replacing or renewing any defective part in consequence of a latent defect"

.... so work that one out.

By the way I seem to be covered for clouting something, and if the leg of the engine did indeed have to have £380 of repairs (plus labour) as sugeested on here, I would be able to claim all but £140.

I'm covered if one or more of my engines are nicked at the same time as the boat, but not if they are stolen off it

..... On the whole though I am quite pleased with what my policy covers and it's mainly in place because it has to be for 3rd party liabilities

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
I'm covered if one or more of my engines are nicked at the same time as the boat, but not if they are stolen off it
Don`t sound that good to me :g:
Who are you insured with?
Got mine with craftinsure.com, i asked about my aux outboard as my boat is a diesel and they said it was covered as long as it had a lock on it.

Alan

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don`t sound that good to me :g:
Who are you insured with?
Got mine with craftinsure.com, i asked about my aux outboard as my boat is a diesel and they said it was covered as long as it had a lock on it.

Alan
I'm with Craftinsure too.
The clause that seems to rule out says:

We will not pay physical loss or damage claims for:

• Wear and tear, depreciation, deterioration, and mildew.
• Any expense incurred in treating the consequences of osmotic action.
• Loss of or damage to motor and electrical machinery and batteries and their connections (with the exception of the shaft
and propeller) and metalling unless caused by “Lookfar” being stranded, sinking from a peril insured against, burnt, on fire
or in contact with any external substance (ice included) other than water or by malicious damage or by theft following upon
forcible entry to “Lookfar” or store, or while being removed from or placed in “Lookfar”, or by fire in store ashore, or by
frost or by the sudden accidental incursion of water into “Lookfar”, or by dropping off or falling overboard of outboard
motors.
• Loss or damage to consumable stores, fishing gear or moorings.
• Loss of or damage to sails or protective covers split by the wind.
• The cost of repairing, replacing or renewing any defective part in consequence of a latent defect.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
I have mentioned before SAGA if your over 50 you qualify and the cover is great and their costs lower than Craftinsure with a lover excess.

Afishionado

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have mentioned before SAGA if your over 50 you qualify and the cover is great and their costs lower than Craftinsure with a lover excess.

Afishionado
How do I find out if I've got a lover .... if not perhaps I could save even more ... I'll ask the wife I'm sure she'd know
(sorry Fish .... I will check out Saga - most of their stuff goes straight in the bin)

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
ROTFLMAO!!!

(lover excess) Oh what a pillock I am!!!!

Well I'm glad I could give someone a laugh on this miserable Sunday!

Afishionado

1 - 6 of 6 Posts