World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After the distinct lack of fish in the club match at Trearddur bay beach I fancied a change of scene so last night I headed to the north coast of Anglesey for a conger hunt.

Despite a dry forecast the weather gods tried to put me off with some light rain but after missing out on my fishing last week due to storm force winds it would take more than that to make me give it a miss.

As usual the tactics were 1 rod with a big bait for conger and 1 rod with smaller baits for other stuff. First cast resulted in a good bite on the smaller baits but this sadly resulted in a snag and a lost rig :(. Second cast and another good bite which this time resulted in a double header of a dog and a whiting and amazingly my lost rig from the previous cast with another doggie still attached! :)

After this fortuitous start I hoped for a busy session hauling in monster snakes but it wasn't to be.

I was still kept busy by the dogs and whiting and eventually I did manage to tempt a conger but at around a pound in weight this was rather smaller than I hoped for :rolleyes:.

The highlight of the session though was my first huss of the year which at 8lb 11oz isn't a bad way to start :cool:.

So after a poor session and a week off I was back into some fish again and hopefully this was a sign of some decent fishing to come ;).

·
Registered
4,376 Posts
A result anyone would be happy with. Nice one Andy.

Reactions: andy1965

·
The Ultra light Always doing it in style
4,945 Posts
You caught your target, you had a fish and the weather wasn't to bad, can't ask for more than that at the moment. Well done:)

·
Registered
4,871 Posts
Well done Andy, great session and a cracking Huss:)

·
Registered
772 Posts
A nice report, Andy. You did well to find a relatively safe rock mark to fish from. The clay cliffs are waterlogged & the rocks are like glass.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Congrats on a couple more for the species list Andy:), well done on catching and thanks for the report.

·
Registered
8,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the replies all ;).

It was nice to catch the huss and my target species the conger but I've heard of a few high teens and low twenties caught on the island recently so I'll definitely be trying again soon.

A nice report, Andy. You did well to find a relatively safe rock mark to fish from. The clay cliffs are waterlogged & the rocks are like glass.
We're lucky that there are plenty of safe rock marks on Anglesey, no matter which way the wind's blowing ;).

Fortunately at this particular mark it was dry when I arrived and again when I left and the lower rocks are covered in barnacles, nice and grippy :).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.