World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Advice needed lads.

Coming up in June for a few days, and would like to get a few hours fishing in on Loch Fyne, anywhere near Inveraray and Lochgilphead.

Can anyone tell me marks to fish, what I'm likely to get, baits to be used, and where to get it.

Many thanks

Tony

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
hi tony, fishing fron inverary peir will get you straight into fish , but in june it can be busy there with the mackerel being there, if your looking for a quieter spot then i would head round to cairndow and fish the pebble beach there or head the other way outside furnace and fish anywhere from the fish farms to the old stone peir , you can park in the divers cafe carpark here .

there are numerous marks to fish on loch fyne and all should produce a fish or two, main species being , mackerel, wrasse, dogfish, pollack, conger and sometimes the odd thornback ray.

when fishing in june i would try all different baits , rag, mackerel, squid, sandeel, mussel etc etc .

im sure that more people will come on and give you info on more marks , but these are my favorites on loch fyne

good luck

al

·
Registered
234 Posts
Hi mate, Loch Fyne has been my favoured haunt over the last few months, and very rarely blanked. I usually fish at the quarry in furnace (drive into furnace and follow the road, turn into the quarry and fish from the old pier.) From there you're straight into deep water, with plenty of fish, mostly doggies polllack and wrasse. There is also some decent conger to be had from here, but they seem to keep evading me (one of these days......).
The only problem with this area is that it is VERY snaggy, be prepared to loose some rigs, but as i said you should get a few fish to make up for it.
At that time of year though you might struggle to get through the mackie bashers to get a space.

Also try cairndow as Big al suggested. I was there recently and got plenty doggies from the pebble beach area right across from cairndow. I think theres also a chance of a thornie or a seatrout from here as well.

Inverary pier will also get you fish but this will most likely be very busy as well at that time of year. Try driving through inverary, and just as you leave the town there is a small rock mark you will see, this is supposed to be decent as well but i havent tried it yet

As for lochgilphead, i was there about 3 weeks ago and fished a couple of areas around here and this was the only trip to fyne i have blanked.

As for baits, i usually use squid, mackrel and frozen lug, always seems to work for me. There is a fishing shop in lochgilphead and im sure you will get bait there, but i usually stock up before i go just to be safe

Hope this helps,

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks lads, excellent advice there.
I only hope I have a catch report to put up when I get back !

Tony

1 - 4 of 4 Posts