World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought Id give Inveraray pier a bash as it was a weekday,started off with the pier to myself for an hour,then it started to get too busy for my liking,only landed 1 mackie in my 2hours there anyway.

Headed off down to Cairndow with the hope of some doggies,caught the tide on its way out,with no one around and decided to try my circle hooks out.

Never managed to catch any doggies,but got mackies a plenty,also had some donated by a fellow forum member that turned up after about 30mns(thanks again!).

My new first day out 10'shakespeare saltwater spin rod snapped in half on me,won't be buying any of their rods after that p1sh!

I did manage to land a wee thornback(my first ever!),and a gunnard(again my first ever),both were returned to the water to live another day.

Was a great day catching new species for me,despite the rod snapping on me,luckily I had my faithfull 9' firetip in the car to keep me going!

·
Registered
346 Posts
thats rubbish mate

I do hope you'll be taking it back

I have a spinning shakespeare rod and think its great... maybe your just had a flaw?

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
well done on a new species scoot, i like fishing cairndow as it usually always produces for me

well done

al

·
Team Hardcore (Scotland)
624 Posts
unlucky on the rod mate, but least u had the new species to make up for it.:thumbs:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Nae luck with the rod man nice on the thornback there a good fish to get i need to give cairndow a go always bypass it to go to furnace.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Well done on catching two new species scoot :1a: Shame about the rod snapping on you. I think Inveraray pier is better fished at night, that way you get to fish in peace.

Steven

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Emailed the shop owner that I bought the rod from,I was polite about what had happened,and didn't loose my temper!
He's sending me out a new rod and having the courier collect the broken one at no cost to me thankfully :)
Should be getting it delivered by courier tomorrow as well :)

Hopefully the replacement will last longer!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Emailed the shop owner that I bought the rod from,I was polite about what had happened,and didn't loose my temper!
He's sending me out a new rod and having the courier collect the broken one at no cost to me thankfully :)

Hopefully the replacement will last longer!
Thats good news mate

I like the shakespeare rods, and glad the owner was good enough to get you a new rod

Good service that!!

Hope the new one does not break and gives you a lot of good fishing

1 - 8 of 8 Posts