World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone any advise on fishing inverbervie beach ?? , i am fishing there for the first time on wednesday from about 3pm till after dark. is there a part of the beach that fishes better to anyones knowledege?.

yours hopefully ,take care and staY SAFE. LUG :fishing1:

:bicycle:

G

·
I personally fish the right side of the beach next to the carpark. I don't seem to lose as much gear there.

Make sure you have a good leader before your trace as the stones move about alot and can cut your line.

I only fish two hours before and after high tide as well. But that's just personal preference. Good luck and i'm looking forward to yer report

·
Registered
352 Posts
You are fishing the top half of a small rising tide during daylight and dusk. Unless there is an Easterly you will have your work cut out wherever you go! If there is no real wind try the kelp beds at the South end. Best of luck anyway and let us know how you got on.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Have had most success to the left in front of the caravan site, can reach the kelp bed here so yes tackle losses can be high, the fish however are more numerous and tend to be larger.Everyone who fishes there has their own favourite spot though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've not fished :fishing1: the beach myself but I've heard good reports from the lads at work who fish just in front of the car park; the only thing they recommend is use rotten bottom tackle. :fishing:

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
hello and welcome greatbglug
with forecast S/W winds bervie may be a bit clam. for a second chose you may what to consider gourdon harbor. casting towards the channel marker
1st chose bait lug/mussel
2nd chose squid and big

good luck

·
Registered
265 Posts
I usually fish the south end of the beach as close to the reef as possible. With SW winds it may be your best chance of a fish but I think you may be scratching in a calm sea with the colour dropping out of it. Welcome to the site and tight lines.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Bervie has only ever produced for me during or right after a solid onshore blow, doesn't have to be easterly, SE or SSE winds are more common but still kick up the surf. You want the breakers to be at least 4-6 foot tall and full of weed, and the water to be brown. Forget using a shockleader, weed will build up on the knot and drag your griplead out in a matter of minutes, and you will find yourself hauling in a ton of kelp.
Distance casting is not an issue, a 40 yard lob will put you over fish if the conditions are right. The middle of the beach is where the surf is biggest but it's the left and right hand ends of the beach which fish best.
This goes without saying but do watch yourself on the shingle when the sea is big, and a spare pair of socks is a godsend at the end of a session ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts