World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, a couple of friends and i are booked on the ferry for the TT for 2 weeks end of may, beginning of june. Bringing a van with the bikes in so have room for fishing gear.

After some advice on 2 things.

Fishing Marks, having never been to the IOM before, have no prior knowlege, wheres good during the summer, rock marks and beach. Trying to get a friend hooked so good marks needed for a variety of fish.

Campsite: Need a campsite, prefably on the cost so i can fish anytime whithout havin to take the van, abubody know if any? Simple field with shower blocks enough, ideal siting would be close to tt track and a good rocky fishing mark within 10 mins walking distance etc.

Thanks all.

·
Registered
151 Posts
IOM tt races and fishing....(awaits "billy no baits" and his two favourites).

To incorporate the two, you should try the North west 200 series in Ulster, starts mid-may and takes in the most breathtaking scenery for any road race world-wide.

Starts at Portrush along the coastal route down to Portstewart along the rocky Irish coastline (perfect for fishing)... you can camp on any roadside or makeshift campsite (any pub with a car park prefebly:) ) makes for a great week away.

Think you'll find yourself "casting off" and landing some "black leather back turtle" who's just awoken from a night on the JDs?

Hope you have a great time matey, the TTs is probably the best sporting event i've ever been to.

PS.. let us know how you get on, i've an idea for next year.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Hi Yamrider, a gang of us usually fish IOM every July / Aug there are a few campsites doted around, but most are not situated on the TT course, or if they are thay are not near a fishing mark.
There is a good campsite in Ramsey right on the sea front with all facilities, plus you can dig bait of the beach at the side of the pier. The TT will pass you there on the way up to snaefell.
Most of the fishing around the campsite would be sandy ground. There is also a good camp site at Kirk Michael, [ glen wyllin] the TT course is right in front of you, plus you are on some excellent shingle beach and rock marks within walking distance.

It is possible to go down the back road to peel from the camp site to visit Kelvins tackle shop. We always call there as you will never meet a more helpful person, and he is the person with abundance of local knowledge.

Try www.manxshorefishing.com/marks

My favorite mark is Laxey break water, fish this place a couple of hrs before high and same after, trot a float down the side of the wall with a worm on and you will have a great day out, we have never had a bad day there. Look on the IOM tourist info site because the campsites will be getting booked up pretty fast by now.
www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/towns.asp?county=Isle of Man -

www.isleofman.com/accommodation/glenwyllin/ - 12k

www.isle-of-man.com/sport/fishing/index.htm - 6k

Hope this helps a little.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts